Honored Contributor

Re: El Niño Could Be Among Strongest on Record, Raising Risk of Floods

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

This resident of Los Angeles has just two words to say on this topic:

BRING IT. 

Ditto from this LA resident as well ......   we'll figure out what to do with the water ..... if it arrives.

Ha.....the folks at the Weather Channel always seem amazed at the heat and dirt in Phoenix.......WHY?    It happens every year.....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Godzilla vs Snowmageddon? OMG, where do they get this stuff?

I wonder what Jim Cantore would say about "climatologists" who are not meteorologists?

Oh, wait. I got rid of The Weather Channel when they started giving snowflakes individual names and telling me 47 people would be impacted by snowflakes today.

WHY are they called "meteorologists" ??

How frequently do they report on meteors?

Jim Cantore can be trusted on weather.  But no one is completely accurate.  I know our media sensationalizes worse than the hosts on the Q who hit ya with their false excitement about the products they push.  A Godzilla?  We are so dry that it would take more than Godzilla to help out. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I live in Florida and we are having a very mild Hurricane Season. The weather people credit el nino for that. I am always happy to get through especially August and September safely without a storm coming our way.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

This resident of Los Angeles has just two words to say on this topic:

BRING IT. 

Ditto from this LA resident as well ......   we'll figure out what to do with the water ..... if it arrives.

Ha.....the folks at the Weather Channel always seem amazed at the heat and dirt in Phoenix.......WHY?    It happens every year.....................

I think they do that to make it look like its something special or wow. When it's not. They are all trying for ratings so they gotta make it (or try to) unique. We know the real story. We live through it every year. That's why they make a big deal of any little bit of rain we get and a puddle.

Respected Contributor

I hope it really happens,we have been dry too long!
Trusted Contributor

San Francisco is stinkin' & filthy & horrible...   The heat today brought out the smell of human and animal waste and it is unbearable.   BRING THOSE RAINS NOW.  Really, if you are planning a trip here, wait awhile.