Esteemed Contributor

Eight Year old ALMOST drowns on Ship

[ Edited ]

This is so sad.  I do hope this young man can pull through.  He went without oxygen for almost ten minutes.

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/17303-boy-8-airlifted-to-hospital-in-critical-condition-after...

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Re: Eight Year old drowns on Ship headed to the Caribbean

Sometimes I wish we would not hear of these horror stories of children.  It makes me so sad.  I still am not over the alligator story at Disney.  It just puts a damper on vacation time for me when I think of how these precious children were so excited about their vacations with their families and now the child's traumatic experience and these parents will never forget this.    

Esteemed Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Sometimes I wish we would not hear of these horror stories of children.  It makes me so sad.  I still am not over the alligator story at Disney.  It just puts a damper on vacation time for me when I think of how these precious children were so excited about their vacations with their families and now the child's traumatic experience and these parents will never forget this.    

I agree with you.  This should also serve as a reminder for us all.  Anything can happen to anyone.  No doubt this was a holiday retreat for them.  We have to be mindful, even when we're trying to be relaxed.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

This is so sad.  I do hope this young man can pull through.  He went without oxygen for almost ten minutes.

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/17303-boy-8-airlifted-to-hospital-in-critical-condition-after...

I heard on TV it was 18 minutes last night. Very sad!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Your heading said boy "Drowns" - yet you say you hope he makes it - I take drowning as being dead - am I wrong? 

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis

He didn't drown.....According to the article you linked.

Also, the article did not mention who was suppose to be watching the boy.  Where were the parents?????

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Your heading said boy "Drowns" - yet you say you hope he makes it - I take drowning as being dead - am I wrong? 

Yes, you're wrong.  One can be recussitated from a drowning incident.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eight Year old ALMOST drowns on Ship

I have fixed the title!

I don't know anything about the parents and where they were.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/07/01/report-8-year-old-boy-nearly-drowns-on-anthem-seas-cruise-s...

Where were the lifeguards and parents?

I haven't found an article yet that says a word about his parents.  From what I understand, ships don't have lifeguards.  

*Call Tyrone*