Respected Contributor

We got some sleet/freezing rain last night - haven't heard one car go by all morning.  I'm glad people are staying off the streets.  Also glad it hit on the weekend instead of during the week.  I put salt out last night so I could get the dogs out this morning.  Just a very thin layer of ice on the stair railings.  I also sprayed white vinegar and water mixture on my car windows - testing to see if it really prevents them from icing up.  Hope all in the ice/sleet area are staying inside and safe.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal What state do you live in?My son is in Oklahoma and they were supposed to have an ice storm.

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, Please stay inside and safe.  And prepare for power outages, the result of ice bringing down power lines.  I am an old New England girl and used to this type of storm.  As much as one can.  My best wishes to you and all suffering from this terrible storm.  

Honored Contributor

Here in the St. Louis area we have had ice coming down for the 2nd day......supposed to continue through tomorrow.  The weather folks warned us about this and people got prepared for it.

Think most folks stayed home yesterday because there was very little traffic out my front window.  Live on a busy street. 

It's crazy......ice for a few days....the on Monday it is supposed to be 58... 

Trusted Contributor

Stay safe, all you peeps in the storm tract. I'd much rather have 2 feet of snow than an ice storm. Those with doggies that use salt to de-ice, don't forget to wash their little paw pads off when you bring them in. A treat or two wouldn't hurt, either Woman Tongue

dee

Honored Contributor

We always got more sleet & ice storms than snow it seems in Pittsburgh. Way worse to have to get to work after sleet/ice. 

Valued Contributor

We had that a couple mornings ago.   I always hate ice/sleet.  It's  much worse than snow or even rain. 

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@hoosieroriginal What state do you live in?My son is in Oklahoma and they were supposed to have an ice storm.

@dex - Indiana - I think Oklahoma got an actual ice storm, we got just some freezing rain.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal well I hope you don't have to go out until the roads are safe.I am going to have to check in on my son and see how he is doing too.This has been a very cold winter and so many people are homeless in my area.I saw a man sleeping outdoors in a lawn chair with only a blanket yesterday.I can't imagine how anyone could sleep like that when it is below freezing.

Honored Contributor

The big ice storm out in the middle of the country is heading to the Midwest Monday afternoon thru Tuesday morning.  I don't think it's supposed to be as bad though.  I'd much rather drive in snow.