Respected Contributor

Re: Economic Impact Payment Card (Stimulus Check) DESTROYED! 😳😲

There will be many others who are not aware of the debit cards.

There are so many scams happening right now and if a person does not have the knowledge concerning this payment method they could certainly think it was a scam.

Not everyone has access to a computer, tablet or phone to read about these things.

Many elderly people relied on the senior center and libraries for access to such devices and information about such material.

Unfortunately many will be confused by this payment unless they read everything and even then they will wonder.

Esteemed Contributor

@Starpolisher  I almost did the same thing.  Quite frankly, I would have preferred direct deposit or a check.  At least then I would know how much it is.  I want to just deposit into my savings account, but the last time that I was at the credit union, no one was allowed inside.  I have no idea even how to transfer the funds to that account.  I also found that setting up the account quite interesting.  I have never had to add symbols to answer security quesions--only the government.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
QVC Customer Care

Super Contributor

@Starpolisher - thank you for giving this heads-up. So many people didn't know anything about this debit card.  Why they're doing this is really a mystery. So many people don't even use a debit card! Ridiculous. Thanks again. 

Respected Contributor

@Snooky60 

You're welcome! I consider myself to be an informed individual. I figured if I didn't know, there would be others who didn't know as well!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Starpolisher  I almost did the same thing.  Quite frankly, I would have preferred direct deposit or a check.  At least then I would know how much it is.  I want to just deposit into my savings account, but the last time that I was at the credit union, no one was allowed inside.  I have no idea even how to transfer the funds to that account.  I also found that setting up the account quite interesting.  I have never had to add symbols to answer security quesions--only the government.

I received the debit card yesterday and I too almost threw it out.  I felt a card in the envelope so opened.  Read all the info provided and went to the web site listed,  read the FAQ,  Called number provided and activated the card,  Returned to web site, set up and account, checked balance on card and arranged to transfer into my checking account.  I had no idea about these debit cards, guess I was living under a rock.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher I read that they sent out cards to some folks in order to get the payments out faster.  I guess the IRS can only handle cutting a certain number of checks per week.   I'm glad you are able to have it re-sent!

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@SXMGirl,  this is from the FAQ site I posted in an earlier post:

Can I transfer the funds from my EIP Card to my bank account?

Yes, you can easily transfer the funds1 from your EIP Card to an existing bank account online at EIPCard.com or using the Money Network Mobile App2. You will need the Routing and Account number for your bank account. To transfer funds:

1. Call 1.800.240.8100 (TTY: 1.800.241.9100) to activate your Card.
  2. Register for online or mobile app access by going to EIPCard.com or the Money Network Mobile App2 and click on “Register”. Follow the steps to create your User ID and Password. Be sure to have your EIP Card handy.
  3. Select Move Money Out and follow the steps to set up your ACH transfer. Transfers should post to your bank account in 1-2 business days.

ACH Transfer to Domestic Bank Limits Apply: $1,250 per transaction | $2,500 per day | $5,000 per month. Please see your Cardholder Agreement online at EIPCard.com for more information.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Each week I transfer benefits from my unemployment debit card to my bank account. The first time I did it I only moved $25 so that I was confident I had everything set up properly. 

Respected Contributor

You learned a hard lesson from experience which has happened to me as well:

ALWAYS OPEN ALL MAIL before destroying!

(Even things you think or you know may be junk)

Once I lost a credit card that was sent without any notice as my other one was going to expire in a few months.

Once someone sent me cash because I filled out a survey.

Another time I was sent  a coupon for a free food item.

I check everything now because you never know!!