Regular Contributor

Re: Ebayers. Ever Order, Feel Pretty OK, & Then It Knocks Your Socks Off When Delivered?

On 4/11/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

Is this the image ?

Cool! And congrats on your find and great deal!

The image is right but the caption is all wrong. There is a very different print made for AFI that is nice too. This print was for the 100th Ann. of Hollywood, and has a very neat foiled caption. Thanks for finding and posting SB. I need to learn to do this.

Regular Contributor

Re: Ebayers. Ever Order, Feel Pretty OK, & Then It Knocks Your Socks Off When Delivered?

On 4/11/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

I've found and bought some good stuff myself on eBay. But I never feel like I'm getting a fantastic deal on anything anymore. It seems like those days are over. So I'm glad if I'm wrong about that.

I was only on eBay for about 6 months, a few years ago. It was lot of fun. Then came sniping, and the fun went away for me. Most of my buys are Buy Now as burned so many times with sniping. It's been a least a year since I got a bidding bargin. This was the first in a long time. And it was only because no sniping involved, and had just a little time to see the other crazy prices for this artist's other stuff. eBay has changed a lot, for the worse.

Honored Contributor

After over 10 years of successful eBay shopping, I had two busts this week. There was a Native American man who had some bangle bracelets listed. I bought two but only received one. I immediate emailed him but haven't heard a word. I bid on a lot of 6 old vintage Indian-made silver & turquoise charms to add to my bracelet. Instead I got 3 cheap little rings worth about 10X less than the charms. I'm sure the seller mixed up orders and I'll probably never see my charms. I've never had this happen before.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

cabbi, I snipe all the time. It's perfectly legal and a good way to buy something I really want. I use gavelsnipe.com, an easy website to use.

kachina, I hope you reported both sellers to eBay. You deserve a refund.

Super Contributor

Last year I wanted to buy a Royal Palace rug to match the other two i my kitchen, QVC didn't carry it anymore. I found a seller with excellent reviews, bought it, and love it.