Honored Contributor

Re: Ebay- anyone ever purchase from international seller?

I've bought a ton of "defective" Thirty One totes from Korea and China.  I assume "defective" is code for counterfeit and is how they get around eBay rules.

They are super cheap, like $5 and free shipping and they have no problems that I've been able to detect.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I have a number of times - China and England and have never had any problem. I used to sell items occasionally and I sold a few times internationally to Australia and once to England and also had no problems doing that.  

Make sure they aren't a new seller.  Take a look at the reviews and although you can't always put a lot of stock in reviews at least look for comments about delivery.  The sellers I have purchased from had comments that said no issues and fast delivery (for example).  

Esteemed Contributor

Let's see....I bought something from Great Britain once and didn't have a problem.

Also bought a few things from China, little things, like magnets.

But now I just buy from US sellers.

Frequent Contributor

I buy and sell on Ebay. I've never had any problem with international purchases. China has flooded Ebay in the past couple of years making it not such a great place to sell anymore.  

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

There's an item I want to buy.  Only $28, free shipping, so not a major purchase.  But the seller is shipping it from Japan.  I hesitate, even though I've read all the reviews and he/she has a 100% approval rating.

I'll be paying through Paypal and I assume if there are any issues receiving the item, Paypal would help out.

Anyone else ever buy anything from an international seller?

I ordered something from thailand once and it took a long time to receive although that was stated up front - I think it was 2 months.  The item went through customs through a major port in the U.S., I can't remember but I think it was New York and then it was shipped to me from there.   The item was beautiful and exactly what my SO wanted.  It was a gift for him. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I made my purchase this morning.  The seller actually had two for sale and I bought them both.  Going to use them for Christmas gifts.

@ChynnaBlue- thanks for your comment about designer bags.  This was just a regular old, cotton totebag made by Liberty of London.  My sister has one and I saw it and was able to order one for myself from a U.S. seller a few weeks ago.  I wanted to get a few more for gifts and the International vendor was the only one selling them.  

At checkout, it showed free shipping and didn't list any custom fees.

Thanks for the help everyone- it said the tote bags should be here between 9/1 and 9/15.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Yes I just bought 5 sterling silver and gemstone pendants from Jaipur, India, that are really very nice. Took about 2 weeks to get here. Was concerned that the components of the pendants would be fake but they are all genuine. Got a dark red coral carved face pendant with a silver head dress, as well as labradorite, moon stone, rhodenite, blue topaz and pearl. Very nice. My daughter makes jewelry so will make my necklaces to match. This seller had great reviews and answered quickly, the question I had for him. will give him a good feedback.

Valued Contributor

Easy-peasy! Go for it!

Honored Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

Easy-peasy! Go for it!

@Ifeelwicked- I did....4 days ago. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

I was going to sell to Canada.  EBay would not create a label.  I was advised that I would first have to go to the post office to determine import fees and pay myself initially.  Then I would have to mak an agreement that I would be reimbursed by the seller.  Too much trouble and I declined the sale: