Trusted Contributor

Ebates - What is it? Is it Worthwhile?

I see commercials about Ebates.  States you get paid to shop.  I remember someone on these message boards mentioning shopping at QVC and doing it through Ebates.

I went on to the Ebates site, but still not sure how it works.

Do any of you shop using Ebates?  Is it something worthwhile?  Any suggestions or comments about Ebates?   

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ebates - What is it? Is it Worthwhile?

@BunSnoop. I am nterested to see what people say too.

Honored Contributor

I first heard about it here too and tried it. I did eventually get a check but I had to send emails about most of what I bought;copying and pasting all the order numbers, dates, etc.

They blamed it on the merchants or would say clear your browser, always saying it was something on my end.

If that was true, why did some purchases get recorded and others didn't? Qvc I always had to prove to them I bought something. They also usually had minimal percentages though I think they have stepped it up now.

I also have tried mrrebates which I've found to be much more responsive and helpful. QVC never seems to go through there either whereas something I bought at Walmart went through right away and mrrebates sent an email showing it did. They take longer (3months) to send you a check, than ebates,but they also told me pretty soon that some retailers are blocked if you have adblock on your computer. You have to go into your settings and totally disable it, not just from that one page or website.

Ebates eventually told me this too but I had to go back and forth with about 10 emails before someone got it right.The others were just canned responses that didn't solve the problem.

Everything to me was such a pain, not worth it to go through all this but I don't order a lot online anyway.

I think its a lot of work. And you have to remember to use it before you order. I'm amazed that some say they have gotten checks for hundreds or even 2,000 but they must order a lot too.

Some people have talked about topcashback and that seems to be the best cash back.

If you don't have to prove your purchases and spend a lot of time on that and you do a lot of shopping online, it may be worth it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer to use Mr. Rebates and thus far have collected $5240.80 as of today.  Think it's worth the trouble?  The merchant gives you a rebate for shopping at their websites but you must access it by going through the rebate service.  I select my items on QVC,  put them in my cart, then go to Mr. Rebates, sign in, then go to my Q cart and finish the transaction as I normally would.  Mr. Rebates verifies it usually within 24 hours.  When you've accumulated enough, usually about $25, they send you a check or apply it to your eBay account, whichever you prefer.  All the rebate sites work the same way.  No charge to play, no selling of your information.  The rebate % is constantly changing.  You must remember to always go through the rebate site....theres no going back.

I've never had any trouble getting my rebates when going through Mr. Rebates.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Also, I've read people use cashbackmonitor that lets them know who has the highest cash back. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

You put the ebates ap on your phone or computer. When you want to make a purchase online go into the ap. From the ap bring up the online retailer you want to shop with. Do your shopping. Each store will have different percentages with rebates amount. Also stores will change that percentage often.  Every three months or so they will send you a check for the amount you earned if it's over $5. If not it will carry over to the next period. Some stores do not participate but I find a lot do. With the holidays coming up the percentage you get as rebate are usually really good. Sometimes you will notice when a store has a really good coupon the rebate percentage will be lower. So make a account through the ap. Bring up the trailer in the ap and shop just like nornal. Sometimes they will send you a email and ask you if you want to pick a gift card instead of a check. I did that this last time because I was ordering my chandelier through pier one.

Respected Contributor

yes, in the past 2 years I got $300 cash back and I do not shop much at all

Honored Contributor

Before using any of the rebate sites make sure any ad blocker is turned off.

Trusted Contributor

Love Ebates. I have been using just about 3 years and received $436.00 back. My check I will receive Nov. 15. Is $70.29. Never had a problem at all. Easy to sign up, costs nothing. You are going to shop anyway, may as well get money back to shop. 🤗💰

Super Contributor

Are there any that work with Adblocker turned on?