Honored Contributor

Re: ~ Easter means forgiveness ~

The words of the hymn writers were so concise: I often use hymns as prayers. For Easter it can be summed up with "God loved the world, so that he gave, his only Son the lost to save".

Esteemed Contributor

Hello dooBdoo. I've enjoyed reading the posts. Easter is my favorite season/holiday. Re-birth, growth, new beginnings, hope, sacrificial love, grace. Understanding the gift of Easter gives us soft eyes.

I think about Indira Gandhi's quote -- You cannot shake hands with a clinched fist.

Sigh -- there's a lot of people in the world walking around with clinched fists.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I have had all the families on my mind, from the germanwings flight, I hope they find peace in what happened,to their love ones.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

On 3/29/2015 AuntG said:

The words of the hymn writers were so concise: I often use hymns as prayers. For Easter it can be summed up with "God loved the world, so that he gave, his only Son the lost to save".

I love those hymns and the psalms of David as well, Aunt G.. I believe every day is a time for reflection, not only asking God to forgive my sins but asking Him to point out things I may have done to offend Him, some I may not even realize. Forgiving others is part of the Christian life which should be done on a daily basis, not just at the Easter season.

I believe the Easter season just makes me focus even more on what Jesus Christ accomplished for me on the cross through His suffering and death and by His resurrection, thereby proving that Father God accepted His sacrifice and that Jesus Christ indeed was God the Son. What other faith could give me eternal hope and whatever plan could be this perfect? The apostle Paul said it perfectly, the "Just for the Unjust" the latter being me.

Respected Contributor

HAPPY EASTER dooBdoo, JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!
Esteemed Contributor

Precious post! My friend and I have been doing just that, forgiving! Its healing and makes you feel FREE! Thanks so much for posting! I have let it go..I know unforgiveness has caused me stress and sickness!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/31/2015 serenna said: HAPPY EASTER dooBdoo, JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!

Amen!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/28/2015 lifeisgood said:

""Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free...

.....and realizing you were the prisoner."" anonymous

Life is just way too short to be anything but happy!

This says it all!

-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Every blessing in our Resurrected Lord to you, sweet doobs and all here who observe, during this joyous Easter season!

Happy Springtime to all, too!

I'm not sorry they moved your lovely thread over here, my friend... I might have missed it on VP. I do hope that any you wanted to reach out to in forgiveness sees it, though, and you enjoy peace and reconciliation between you.

I try to never carry grudges... I take my pain, anger, confusion, fears -- all that junk -- to the foot of Christ's cross. The tricky part, is learning to LEAVE IT THERE.

Much love to you!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}