Honored Contributor

Re: Easter Is Coming....... What Is Your Favorite Easter Candy?

On 2/21/2015 deepwaterdotter said:

Can't have sugary sweets, but do enjoy a good egg salad sandwich.

Me, too! I always look forward to the egg salad sandwiches DH makes. He fixes them open face on toasted English muffin halves.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

On 2/21/2015 terrier3 said:
On 2/21/2015 LeoGrl said:

I like the Swiss Milk Chocolate (Landies Candies) orange bunnies from Wegmans.

Plus my uncle has worked in the chocolate business all his life - he's in his 90s and still works. He makes HUGE peanut butter filled eggs with old molds...delicious!

That's great about your uncle! Being in the chocolate business is a happy business to be in. I once worked in a candy business for a few years...it was and still is my favorite job. It didn't pay much, but it brought such joy and creativity to my soul (especially during the holidays like Christmas and Easter). It was the only job I ever had where I actually felt happy going in and leaving at the end of the day.

My uncle sells chocolate to independent candy makers - and catalogs like King Arthur.

He started out sweeping the floors at the chocolate factory and ended up the VP of National Sales. He tried to retire several times....yet the company kept bringing him back - at customer request. He helped small businesses get started and thrive - we still have a lot of small local candy stores here in Buffalo.

Recently the chocolate company was sold to another large food manufacturer...it will probably be going out of business.

That's impressive about your uncle and admirable. I love going into local candy stores and buying homemade confections. Sorry to hear his company may go out of business.

Super Contributor

Traditional Solid Chocolate Gold Foil Bunny.

Lindt has been making them for over 50 years. The dark, white and milk are all my favorites.

Lindt GOLD BUNNY - Milk 7.0 oz

Honored Contributor

Dark choc. coconut and cherry Easter eggs.

Honored Contributor

I rarely eat candy, but my favorite candy around easter is the reese egg! YUMMY!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2015 LeoGrl said:

I like the Swiss Milk Chocolate (Landies Candies) orange bunnies from Wegmans.

Plus my uncle has worked in the chocolate business all his life - he's in his 90s and still works. He makes HUGE peanut butter filled eggs with old molds...delicious!

That's great about your uncle! Being in the chocolate business is a happy business to be in. I once worked in a candy business for a few years...it was and still is my favorite job. It didn't pay much, but it brought such joy and creativity to my soul (especially during the holidays like Christmas and Easter). It was the only job I ever had where I actually felt happy going in and leaving at the end of the day.

My uncle sells chocolate to independent candy makers - and catalogs like King Arthur.

He started out sweeping the floors at the chocolate factory and ended up the VP of National Sales. He tried to retire several times....yet the company kept bringing him back - at customer request. He helped small businesses get started and thrive - we still have a lot of small local candy stores here in Buffalo.

Recently the chocolate company was sold to another large food manufacturer...it will probably be going out of business.

I'm jonesin' for sponge candy. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Respected Contributor

Can't have sugar now, but I would consider selling my soul for a See's Bordeaux egg.

Honored Contributor

White chocolate bunnies and jelly beans.

Esteemed Contributor

Cadbury eggs and Mars bars ( those from England.)

Esteemed Contributor

Whoppers Robin Eggs.