Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 colliegirls said:

All of us get an Easter Basket, including the dogs.

That brought such a smile to my face when I read your post! Happy Easter to your whole family!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I make one small Easter basket for DH and me and we split the candy. I always get the chocolate bunny. He always gets the Reese's peanut butter cups. It works.

I make one Easter basket for our six cats. No grass, just shredded paper. We put in six cans of cat food for their Easter breakfast and a couple small bags of kitty treats. A small container of nip (the furkids just love their catnip). And a few toys.

(Each furkid also has his or her own monogrammed Christmas stocking, filled by Santa Paws.)

In return, I always receive a Mothers Day card from our furkids. DH gets his Fathers Day card from them, too.

Respected Contributor

We used to for our kids. I figure for the grands it is their parents opportunity for the joy. We do have an egg hunt usually though after church.

Respected Contributor

We have for our kids little on up..always less candy and more odds and ends..special hair products, jewerly, what nots like that...they got older and they got their fav candy ...and then Spring Clothes..we would of bought them anyway but it was just a tradition they got them in their Easter "bag" in addtion to their basket.

Grandchildren are here..Parents get gift card and the grandkids get a small basket..and I actually went to the Outlets yesterday and bought their spring/summer wardrobes and a bouncy house for our backyard..Grandma and Grandpa's house is like the Park..with outside stuff..swingsets, pool, bouncy house and I am adding a nice sandbox lol!

Being a grandparent is the best feeling in the world..spoil..have fun..splurge ...kids are grown..much better place financially then when they were infants lol..and while we did okay..we still lived month to month for awhile lol..

Easter Baskets are all good!

Super Contributor
On 4/1/2015 Kachina624 said: My mom used to buy my sister and me these big white sugar eggs that were beautifully decorated and had a hole in one end. When you looked inside there was a springtime scene. I've never seen these in a store or heard anyone mention them. I don't know where she got them but they were beautiful.

I remember those eggs! They were so pretty.

Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 Kachina624 said: My mom used to buy my sister and me these big white sugar eggs that were beautifully decorated and had a hole in one end. When you looked inside there was a springtime scene. I've never seen these in a store or heard anyone mention them. I don't know where she got them but they were beautiful.

I have three of those eggs...my mom made them many, many years ago and I put them out every year, it makes me think of her!

Respected Contributor

my kids still get an Easter basket.........it has a box of See's candy in it, two movie tickets, gift card to a local restaurant, AND a grammie and papa babysitting coupon LOL....that way we get to have the grans LOL....and the grans get one also.........it has mostly goodies from Smith's bakery and a toy..........I figure they get enough candy from their baskets at home.....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Easter was a big deal in our family when I was a kid .We always got Easter baskets with wonderful chocolate bunnies, chicks, lambs,crosses and a large hollow choc. egg with small choc. eggs inside. The baskets and everything in them were beautifully decorated, my aunts and my grandmother made it an art form. Even as a small child, I got it, that a lot of time and effort went into those beautiful baskets. I remember we just carried them around for a while before we untied the big bow and opened the colored cellophane to sample the candy.

Respected Contributor

I always made one for my Son for 32 years, now I have Grandchildren....so now I can make more baskets!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

Family tradition has been that we've always done Easter baskets. When DD came along, we had fun getting really creative with hers. Today and tomorrow I'm crocheting an Easter basket for our 18 month old granddaughter using 3 strands of yarn: white, pink and lavender and an "N" nook (Lion Brand Yarn pattern). I've not used this pattern before, so am keeping my fingers crossed.

Happy Easter and a Blessed Passover to all.

~Rebecca