Honored Contributor

Re: Earliest Communication and Technology in Your Lifetime

My earliest communication was talking to my parents.

My first technology was a TV.  All our neighbors would come over on Friday nights and watch Big Time Wrestling.

Never had a phone until I was in Junior High School.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Youngest child here. Mom went back to work when I entered public school so we upgraded and our quality of tech life changed. These were the years you paid cash for everything. No longer did we share a phone party line. In fact, we bought a princess phone - huge deal to me. We were modern! Color TV showed up in our living room. As always, kids were human remote controls. Until I left the house after college, we were always a one TV family. We placed a dryer in our closed-in back porch because there was no room for it anywhere else. Washing machine only off the kitchen. We carried wet clothes in a basket from kitchen washer to back porch dryer - and happy to do so. Still used a clothes line in summer, until that was taken down. Became a two car family when older brother drove. Previously, mom & dad shared one car. At some point, dad was thrilled to upgrade from a push lawn mower and the kids took turns pushing this awesome mower.          

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

My Dad bought me a  AIWA tape recorder...  I wa in like 6th grade  it had reel to reel tapes... not cassette tapes...  I thought is was so cool!  I would tape myself and tape interviewing my family... sing into the microphone... just do all kinds of silly things. It was so high tech! Woman LOL 

It  was years later I got My next high tech thing... I got a Sony Walkman to listen to my music cassette tapes when I went jogging.. it weighed about 5 pounds LOL!