Respected Contributor

Holidays around here extend until the school break is up, and since they get two full weeks, that will be on January 6th. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh 

My biggest problem is trying to remember what day of the week it is. Yes, back to a routine please.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the holidays even though they bring sadness of times gone by,  I enjoy decorating for Christmas.  Yesterday I put away almost all the decorations and re-did the mantle, etc.  Today I packed up the tree ornaments and DD will come and put it in the storage bag tomorrow,  Nice to have house back to "normal" even though I love the Christmas decor, but time for them to be put away.

Honored Contributor

I haven't started de-Crismassing, and I won't for a while.  When I'm finished with that I will relax.  Until then, I will continue to enjoy the Christmas season, but without the stress of gifts and entertaining.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't think much about this until I read your post. Our immediate and extended family is loaded with late December and early January birthdays -- which adds to busy-ness of the season. Kwanzaa and Hanukkah holidays have definitive dates. There is no beginning or ending dates to Christmas, which possibly adds to the chaos. I tell people I'd have a better attitude about Christmas holiday if it was a two-week holiday.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I no longer let the holidays stress me; don’t change my routine because of a date on the calendar.   

However, I will be glad to welcome January 2nd, when those around me move on, and we can have a decent conversation that doesn’t center around their holiday stress and tension with family, their  exhaustion from shopping for everything the grandchildren wanted, the extra money spent for gifts and food, and the repeated statement “there has to be a better way”.   

Trusted Contributor

@nana59I always tell my husband that I would like to hibernate the day before Thanksgiving and wake up on Jan. 2.

Honored Contributor

But the real question is, will Hallmark resume regular programming.  Will the Christmas shows end?.   Or, is this 350 day countdown to Christmas...  omg, I am so over those qwapper Christmas shows

Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

But the real question is, will Hallmark resume regular programming.  Will the Christmas shows end?.   Or, is this 350 day countdown to Christmas...  omg, I am so over those qwapper Christmas shows

OMG ITA, that is all my cousin watches, over and over again.!

Honored Contributor

On 1/2, I'm going to have a reunion with three great friends from my past.  A few of us haven't seen one another in over 30 years.  I'm so excited!