Honored Contributor

Re: Each Day Brings Something New

I would have just blocked traffic in the pick up area. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 @Did the lady that screamed at you have a placard? I'm just curious. I've been screamed at while parking in a handicapped spot. A lady was yelling at me while I was waiting for my husband to come out of the store. He had not secured the placard to his mirror and it fell. I didn't notice. When the lady started to scream, I rolled down the window and realized the placard was on the floor so I put it on. I kept sitting and waiting for my husband while my screamer took the handicapped spot beside me. She got out of her car and went inside the store. She did not put a placard on her mirror. I'll never know if she did not have a placard or she just forgot to hang it up. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   I couldn't see. It didn't matter to me: I was happy to move out of the spot because of her elderly passenger.

But when the driver left her passenger in the car and went into the store alone, I was dumbfounded. Handicap spots and placards allow handicapped people to have an easier time of it when going from their vehicle into a building. Not when they're just sitting in the car. With or without a placard, that driver blocked access to the handicapped spot just as much as I did.

Did you notice if your screamer had handicapped license plates? Are there states where you can use either? Most people prefer the placard because you can take it with you into different cars.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@PickyPicky3 @Did the lady that screamed at you have a placard? I'm just curious. I've been screamed at while parking in a handicapped spot. A lady was yelling at me while I was waiting for my husband to come out of the store. He had not secured the placard to his mirror and it fell. I didn't notice. When the lady started to scream, I rolled down the window and realized the placard was on the floor so I put it on. I kept sitting and waiting for my husband while my screamer took the handicapped spot beside me. She got out of her car and went inside the store. She did not put a placard on her mirror. I'll never know if she did not have a placard or she just forgot to hang it up. 

@Mindy D   You do not know if she had the plates with the handicap symbol or even a DV plate.

People assume no placard means a person is using an HP spot without permission.

People forget that there are also license plates instead of placards.

And if you are in a state that allows people with DV plates (Disabled Vets) to park in those spaces, those vets do not need special placards.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh