Honored Contributor

EXTREME Time Savers - has anyone seen this show?

I caught a show on TLC called Extreme Time Savers.

I've never seen anything like it.

There's no way to describe it accurately in words, but I'll try.  The show highlights people who are obsessed with saving time. The episode I watched introduced a man who blends all his food and slurps it down with a straw in a minute, because chewing takes too long.  He also watches three t.v. screens at a time so he can see all his shows in 1/3 of the time. 

Another person on the show was a woman who shedules absolutely everything she does, including "private time" with her husband... down to the minute. They hosted a birthday party and grabbed plates out of the hands of the guests to stay on schedule.  She washes her pots and pans in the shower and shaves her legs in the pool.

I didn't even mention the woman who has two inch long fingernails so she can use them to eat and not "waste time finding and washing utensils".

I'm an organized person and don't like wasting time, but I've never seen anything like these people.... ever.

Has anyone seen this show?

It made me wonder if posters have REASONABLE time-saving routines that might be worth sharing.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: EXTREME Time Savers - has anyone seen this show?

sick.png

Respected Contributor

I just find the whole concept extremely sad. Life is meant to be savored and experienced. How can someone who rushes through life chasing time ever cherish and enjoy life?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Reminds me of the "Seinfeld" episode where Kramer washes

dishes & food in the shower..& even installs a garbage disposal.

Classic.

IMG_2517.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I picked up a few 'law school student' habits from the movie 'The Paper Chase'. Timothy Bottoms brushed his teeth in the shower - I have for years now! My hair conditioner is doing it's thing for a couple minutes while I'm brushing my teeth. Makes sense to me!

Respected Contributor

I like to be efficient with my time, but those things sound completely ridiculous.

I shave my legs in the shower while I'm conditioning my hair.

I set the timer on the coffee pot the night before so when I come downstairs, the coffee is already made.