Trusted Contributor

Re: EXCUSES PEOPLE USED TO GET OUT OF GOING TO WORK

[ Edited ]

Years ago, I worked with a man who was the abscent-minded professor type. He got a new car, and called in one day and said it was raining and he couldn't figure out how to use the windshield wipers.

Another guy called in one day and said he would be on sick leave because his "malaria was acting up."

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

I worked with a guy who on Labor Day said his wife was in labor. Thing was, he wasn't married let alone have a pregnant wife at home.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut ..."Personal Business"  the perfect excuse, it couldn't be better.  Man LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I LOVE this corny collection, but number 4 is HI-LA-RI-OUS!!! I cannot stop laughing at it.😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 I don't know why that one tickled my funny box, but I am wiping tears from my eyes.😂😂😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  I LOVE this corny collection, but number 4 is HI-LA-RI-OUS!!! I cannot stop laughing at it.😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 I don't know why that one tickled my funny box, but I am wiping tears from my eyes.😂😂😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles ...I like that one too, in real life if it were me,  I might have burned them in the fireplace. Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam