Honored Contributor

I love it.  Hot weather doesn't effect me.  I couldn't live in a cold climate.

I can take it in small doses, but I couldn't live day to day, November to March with snow or ice or sleet or biting cold wind.

The thought terrifies me!

I can handle the heat.

Respected Contributor

I live in CO and I love the hot days of Summer. We have been in the high nineties and it is perfect for me! My husband jokes that is because I am from lizard country. I was born in Denver CO but raised in the OK Panhandle. So I feel right at home in the heat and I love the way the sun feels shining on me. There is something that just makes me feel happy and energetic when I feel the hot sun.

Esteemed Contributor

Temps in the St. Louis area in the summer are usually in the upper 90s with high humidity and heat indexes above 100. It's miserable. I see a lot of people who can sit out in that hot sun and it doesn't seem to bother them - I melt, and the older I get the worse it is! I water my flowers early in the morning and stay indoors in the AC the rest of the day unless we have afternoon appointments. I have little energy, get grouchy and sweat profusely. Not pleasant! How can anyone be energized in this heat!??

Esteemed Contributor

Re: EXCESSIVE HOT WEATHER

[ Edited ]

I've lived all over the world so I've experienced it all.  I lived for twenty five years in High Desert (not far from Death Valley);  it was really hot (but it's a dry heat--like when you open an oven door).  You quickly learn to adjust your routine (wash car at night or go to car wash, do physical labor before lunch).  Everything was evaporative cooling (more efficient and cheaper than A.C. and great for house plants).  I feel sorry for people on Central Coast of .CA who don't have AC--100 degrees is hot with humidity.  We retired to AZ  mtns where it is usually 20 degrees less than Phoenix and we have AC.

Respected Contributor

I am hoping to move away from SE FL because I really don't like the heat. I was just in Maine and New Brunswick (CA) and it was as hot as can be there too, though!   

Cooler at night, however--that was good.

Respected Contributor

I love living in the desert even though I melt if it’s over 105 especially since I have to take medication for breast cancer. I just take more breaks inside and work outside in small increments , and spend more time lounging in the pool with a cool drink 😉

Trusted Contributor

I hate the hot & humid weather. It's stifling. I feel less energetic, & less like going out in it! A couple more years here, then back up North I go. I miss the seasons so much.  

Honored Contributor

The humidity right now (10:55pm) in Phoenix is 80%

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

The heat doesn't affect me when I go out. However I am not out really long too much in the heat, and we have central air. SO the only way the heat affects me is our electric bill has doubled with central air. (I almost fell over when we got the last bill) Otherwise, I prefer warm weather to cold Winter and snow! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

I find the heat draining, especially as I’ve gotten older.  I don’t recall it bothering me when I was younger.  I try to do all my outdoor activities in the early morning before it gets too hot.  It’s frustrating because I like to spend a lot of time outdoors.  However, I prefer the heat to the cold and snow.