Super Contributor

Received an email from Paypal that an order for $193, was processed from Evine. Of course as I did not place that order I called Evine right away. An order was placed on my account to be shipped to Brooklyn, NY ( I live in NC). Just a heads up, so you can check your accounts and make sure nothing was charged. I haven't placed an order with EVINE in several years. So frustrating!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: EVINE may have been hacked

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the heads up!  Smiley Happy

I'd go ahead and delete the paypal account, and any credit cards, from the Evine account.   I pretty much stopped having any credit/debit account on record at retail sites, a while back.

Honored Contributor

@peace6576

From what you typed, it appears the problem is w/Paypal not Evine.  I could be wrong though.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@peace6576

From what you typed, it appears the problem is w/Paypal not Evine.  I could be wrong though.

I am not sure. The fraud guy at EVINe was pretty clear that the breach happened there. The hackers changed the email address on file so I would not receive the order confirmation. The only way I knew about the order was because I received the transaction email from Paypal. When I did order from EVINE several years ago, I used Paypal and had it saved to my account for flex pays. i did not have any other credit card on file so that is why charges were made to Paypal.

Esteemed Contributor

Contact and have a  discussion with Paypal.  I have found them to be very helpful and responsible.  I always watch all my accounts for what it is worth.  Just waiting to see what new and exciting hack is next.  Dangerous world out there.  

Honored Contributor

I deleted all my paypal information a couple of months ago.  I'd heard of other hacks into paypal and didn't want to take a chance.

Esteemed Contributor

I called Evine and because I haven't bought anything for a long time...I would have to enter all new info..so they're sending me a new card. Doubtful I will register the new card...I get into enough trouble with HSN..Macys and Coldwater creek!!!  Woman LOL

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Contributor

Thank u for the warning @peace6576.