Super Contributor

I recently returned a few clothing items to Evine, all in one package, with one smart label.  Per their return policy, it says less than 20lbs  $9.95.  The deducted shipping charges from each item!  Is this legal???  I went through their customer service, and sent a messege.  I will update.  I get it, if I sent them all back seprately, with seperate labels, but this seems like a total scam.  The shirts were not expensive, I just sent them back for size, so nothing was worn, or had tags torn off.  I'm really upset about this.

Respected Contributor

Call their customer service dept. and ask them to credit you.

Honored Contributor

DAR----that shopping channel does stuff like that ALL the time. When I have a return, I email CS about it and always tell them I will be using my own shipping method or repeat what I understand about the cost per weight that they use. Then I keep that email so I can send it to them if they screw up. And I take pics of the returns too. Seems like alot to do but it works for me---- I have stopped shopping with them because of their ridiculous s/h prices as a result.

Honored Contributor

I rarely order anything from Evine because of their high S&H and return policies. If I do have to return something I send it on my own dime and insure it.

Respected Contributor

They don’t reimburse original shipping charges if the item is defective.  Hate Evine.  

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

They don’t reimburse original shipping charges if the item is defective.  Hate Evine.  

The Q doesn't always refund the shipping when the item is defective either. You really have to check your account and call them on it.

Honored Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

I recently returned a few clothing items to Evine, all in one package, with one smart label.  Per their return policy, it says less than 20lbs  $9.95.  The deducted shipping charges from each item!  Is this legal???  I went through their customer service, and sent a messege.  I will update.  I get it, if I sent them all back seprately, with seperate labels, but this seems like a total scam.  The shirts were not expensive, I just sent them back for size, so nothing was worn, or had tags torn off.  I'm really upset about this.

@Dar321I don't understand why you immediately jumped to the conclusion that Evine is scamming you and that you came here to post about it without calling them first.  It could just be a mistake.  A calm phone call to a CSR could set everything right.

Honored Contributor

Re: EVINE RETURNS

[ Edited ]

@Dar321 wrote:

Yes, that is what they do when you use their label.  I know you cannot do anything about it now, but in the future, if you are going to return multiple items, pay for it yourself and don't even leave their return label on the packaging.  Make sure you keep it.

This happened to me many years ago.  But I had in fact paid for the return on my own.  I didn't use their label.  However when they issued my refund, they deducted $6.95 PER item that was included in one bag. 

I contacted them and they told me as a "one time courtesy" they would refund the return label charges.  I told her they weren't doing anything as a one time courtesy as they were at fault and I had my USPS receipt to show I paid for the return and I still had their return labels in my possession.

It was years before I would do business with them again.