Respected Contributor

EVER HAVE " ONE OF. THOSE. DAYS........"

Yesterday was one of those days when I just couldn't get out of the house to run all the errands on my list.  Two hours later than I planned, I am now getting dressed but was having difficulty getting my second new shoe on.

Frustrated and very annoyed, I took it off to adjust the strap that was on the other shoe:  No strap....it was another brand leather shoe !!!!   Exact same color and very similar wide strapping !!!

Finally found the original shoe box ( on its way to the recycle bin ! ) and a receipt.  Reached the shoe department and gave the salesperson all the info for both shoes.  They found the mate to my first shoe and are holding for me.

The day finally ended on a high note....but that's a story for another day....serendipitous crossing of paths !

Morale of story:  Check BOTH shoes in the box before you leave the counter !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Re: EVER HAVE " ONE OF. THOSE. DAYS........"

Have never bought a pair of shoes that the person at the register didn't open the box and make sure the shoes were of the same size, which would of course also mean they would see if there were 2 different shoes. On the other hand I always try on both shoes and place them back in the box myself before heading to the register. Well whatever happened happy for you that they found the "buddy" to your shoe. And here's to a much better day ahead!

Honored Contributor

I saw a pair of Ked's tennis shoes I really liked the pattern of asked for my size and off I went out of the mall without trying on.  No need to when your buying the same of so many in your closet.  For some reason in my car I decided to look and the box may have said size 6 but they were 7 ½ instead.  I lived 30 minutes from the Mall so I was very pleased I decided to peek inside.  Never have I left again without checking.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I once bought a pair of dress sandals to take on a vacation to  Puerto Rico. I tried on the right shoe only. When packing , I took the shoes out of the box and packed them in my suitcase. Well, to my surprise, when I got to PR and went to wear them I had two right shoes!😱

When I returned home I went back to the store and before I could tell my story, the sales associate said,"So it was you!", We wondered who had gotten the two right shoes!"😆 lol!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

I'm having "one of those days" today.

Two of the calls I had to make left me irritated.

If you've ever had to call AT&T to resolve a problem, you know what that's like.

Then I had to make the umpteenth call I've made to a local hospital's billing department because I was billed for a test that was never done.  Each time I call, I'm given an apology and a promise that the problem will be taken care of.  The last two times, I was told that someone would call me back, and guess what didn't happen?  This time, Stacy has promised me that she will definitely call me back before the end of her shift today, so I guess I can rest assured that the problem will be taken care of.  LoL  I told her--should I not hear back--my next call will be to the state attorney general's office.  The billing office closes at 4:30, Stacy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3lLYOGDsts

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Hope your day gets better... Happy 50th wedding anniversary!

Honored Contributor

I did that one time. I only tried on the right shoe, it fit, and I was on my way.

Did not wear the shoes. They did not match any outfits like I thought they would. So they sat. Finally I was cleaning out my closet and decided to donate them. THEN I found out I bought 2 right shoes. Don't have a clue what happened to the 

2 left shoes.

It was a shoe store, where the clerks went and got the shoes from the back storeroom. It wasn't a store where the pair could be mixed up by the customers.