Valued Contributor

Re: EVEN THE VETS HAVE GOTTEN WITH IT...

@Oznell wrote:

Another snapshot of life during "social distancing"--  One of our kitties Baxter started limping a bit and holding up his front right paw, so a trip to vet was in order.  Hubs whisked him off to "curbside service".   They left hubby in parking lot, hustled Baxter right inside (I feel sorry for the vet techs, since our big baby Baxter is quite a chunk, his pet taxi weighs a ton.  But never fear, he's been dieting and the vet triumphantly announced he's lost a pound!)

Anyway, it was all done inside while Mr. Oz cooled his heels in the parking lot.  Vet phoned him during exam, gave diagnosis and suggestions, and Baxter and his Nsaids were delivered back to the curb.  Done!

I received an email from our vet with similar instructions for visits.  Stay in the car.  Your pet goes inside.  Get will call and consult.  Pet returned to the car.  I hope these restrictions can be lifted by the time my Sam aka sammi aka samurai has her wellness check.  She'll be scared and if I'm not with her she will be terrified.

Honored Contributor

Re: EVEN THE VETS HAVE GOTTEN WITH IT...

Yeah, @liliblu ,  that is the downside.  Not being able to be with them when they are scared and trembling.  Hoping most vets and vet techs will be exercising their gentle, best 'pup-and-puddy-side' manner in the examining rooms....