Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have used Etsy.  Early in the Pandemic I got hand made masks from a woman who was using an interesting combination of fabric.  She had sold out some colors and fabrics by the time I found her.  I even got an extra one from her because a color I ordered was no longer available.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

ETSY fan here too.  I needed a set of kitchen canisters and I had coveted my mother- in-law's vintage BeautyWare stainless set.  Found it on ETSY and yes, it was probably three times the cost of a set at Wal-Mart or Target, but they will last a lifetime. 

Honest seller and fast shipping.  Like another poster said, if funds permitted, I'd be on there every day!

Trusted Contributor

I have found every artisan I did business with on Etsy to be honest, sincere, and very skilled. My items arrived promptly and looked just as pictured. Turnaround was brief and shipping was done with care. Can't vouch for every Etsy merchant, but I'd never hesitate to buy something that caught my fancy on Etsy. Positive feedback posted on their page really makes these crafters happy. I made sure to write reviews. 

I'd recommend Etsy as a good source for satisfying and safe transactions with clever creative self-employed merchants and crafters. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered a huge quantity of items but over the years there has been a variety.  It's the most fun place to shop, kind of an adventure.  I've never had a bad experience.  If you can't find an item anywhere ekse, try etsy.  You can probably find someone to make just what you want.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm a big Etsy shopper I've never had an issue.  I love Etsy.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I've ordered several times from Etsy, especially when I wanted things delivered to friends in England.  Always have had a great experience.

I wouldn't hesitate to shop on Etsy.

Esteemed Contributor

Periodically bought handmade items from Etsy over last 7 years, including quilts, handmade small bench stools, fabric gift bags and Xmas decor.  My favorite items are 4 handcarved canes from Ukraine (even with the war they arrived within 6 weeks, beautifully made and packaged).

Respected Contributor

Another good shopping experience. One thing you can do is filter out for USA sellers only. One time I ordered a small art print. I think it came from Romania? It was not a problem but might have gone to another seller if I had realized.

Another print was listed as 8x10 when it was actually 8 1/2 x 11. Since I already had the frame, I asked the seller to return and it was taken care of promptly. 

Valued Contributor

I bought some leather duffell bags from a vendor in India, a hand knit looong scarf from a vendor in the Ukraine, a gold tray from a vendor in Cincinnati and a Christmas tree skirt from a vendor in Alabama.

All of these items were shipped quickly, well and safely packaged, just as described and pictured online, and as someone else mentioned, many came with a handwritten note of thanks and a business card.  

I wish I had the money to buy a lot more of the uniquely beautiful items from the Etsy vendors around the world!

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy   I have bought many items from Etsy for many years. I have been pleased with all of my purchases. It is a great place to find unusual gifts and handmade items.

I have also bought vintage and antique items. My most recent purchase was a set of solid red quilted cotton placements. Etsy was the only place I could find them.