Honored Contributor

Re: ENDING THE YEAR ON A LITTLE CHET BAKER JAZZ, TRUMPET AND VOCAL

Gad I'm tired of seeing that name.

Chet of course.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

It's so great to connect with other Chet admirers!   I've not seen the documentary, despite having heard a lot about it, @silkyk , thanks for mentioning.  Nor have I seen the bio film (or bio films?), at least one of which starred Ethan Hawke....  Chet Baker's life and art seems to attract so much ongoing interest....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

If you are a big fan like me you must see this documentary from 1989.Wonderful and sad. My Funny Valentine every year.

Let's Get Lost

Saw it. I also saw the movie Born to be Blue. Why in the world would they cast Ethan Hawke??

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Gad I'm tired of seeing that name.

Chet of course.

So you were expecting Bugs Bunny?

Honored Contributor

Speaking of "Let's Get Lost",  it's another huge fave.  This youtube video has a whole montage of great Chet Baker photos accompanying his playing of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIoquPMcG_E

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Speaking of "Let's Get Lost",  it's another huge fave.  This youtube video has a whole montage of great Chet Baker photos accompanying his playing of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIoquPMcG_E

Enjoyed that, oznell. There was another one there I clicked on and before I knew it they were playing the whole album. FABULOUS. Such great songs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skSx-ECpzmw

Here's one review:

Las Latty
I am 82 years old now...and so far ...after all these years I have not heard anything better than this ( maybe Miles “Love Songs”)...Chet’s playing was so lyrical....in hindsight ..it could‘nt last.....it was too good to be true.!!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for that, @Judaline ,  Chet's playing on that is so mellow!   I listened to little excerpts and will go back for more.

Enjoyed the comments of that Las Latty you posted.  It was fun that he wrote more in the comments section below the video--  imagine, he actually worked with Chet Baker and was a session musician back then-- great reminiscences!