Esteemed Contributor

Probably like many of you, I get a lot of emails from QVC.  But recently I have been getting ones with the subject line of, "Just Dropped (Into Your Cart!)"  and "Love Your Order? Here's Your Next Haul."

I know this is a marketing ploy to get me to open the emails and look at what they have.  BUT, it makes me feel like they are ordering for me, and I don't like it.  Does this bother anyone else?

I have been pulling away from QVC.  I hardly watch at all now.  I used to know every TSV and pour over the lunchtime specials.  I used to watch entire shows of my favorite brands.  Those days are over.  My ordering has slowed down quite a bit.

Thinking of opting out of all these emails.  I have been shopping with QVC for a long time, but I think it has run its course with me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I just started getting those emails as well.  It is overkill that is for sure.

Respected Contributor

Probably breaking away from any shopping network is a good thing.the less money spent,the better

Respected Contributor

Re: EMAILS FROM QVC

[ Edited ]

I have also noticed the emails.

Unfortunately, they will not encourage me to shop with QVC.  I ordered, on 9/1/21, an item that only the Q was selling so there was no other retail option.  It is still sitting "in processing" after calls and emails to customer service.  It missed the estimated delivery date.  I have no clue if it will ever ship.

It is so much more convenient to order from other retailers and get your order in a timely fashion.  This Q processing/shipping snafu will lose quite a few customers.

Hopefully, no one will depend on them to get any holiday orders at a late date.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

Probably breaking away from any shopping network is a good thing.the less money spent,the better

@Luvsmyfam You are so right.  I am grateful to QVC for what I have, like and wear. But I have spent a lot in return shipping, and I have items I have never worn.  My closet is full and I don't need a darn thing.  I don't buy their overpriced food and I am not really into cooking.  I also don't need or want any more decorations or household stuff.  So that really leaves little reason for me to watch.  Plus, frankly, I am kind of tired of the hosts and vendors.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

It will soon be the holidays and I've noticed I'm getting lots more emails from places I've shopped at before. They seem to be starting earlier. Maybe because of all the supply issues they don't want to hear the complaining from people who wait to the last minute. They can't say they didn't warn you.

Respected Contributor

I started getting those last week or so. I thought they were putting something in my cart and somehow it would get ordered. I checked and there was nothing in there. I've never used the cart and rarely order anything. I generally just delete their emails without even reading.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I started getting those last week or so. I thought they were putting something in my cart and somehow it would get ordered. I checked and there was nothing in there. I've never used the cart and rarely order anything. I generally just delete their emails without even reading.

@catter70 Yes, me too.  I thought something would accidently get ordered for me.  The wording is just too aggressive for my liking.

Respected Contributor

I get no emails from QVC, even though I order from there.  If I did get emails, I'd simply unsubscribe, as I have from so many other marketers.  Perhaps the emals are sent to customers with a Q card (I'm not one), but even if so, you should be able to unsubscribe.

Honored Contributor

I saw the "just dropped into your cart" email and thought huh?? and had to check it out.  It was just marketing garbage, so I've since been ignoring them.