Trusted Contributor

Re: EF 3 Tornado Has touched Down in Wilkes Barre, PA

We are traveling from Durango Co to Maine.  We left Durango during a forest fire.  Choking smoke filled air.  Limited visibility...Holding my breath thru the rainy Midwest for a tornado.  Nothing there.  Get to PA told DH yeah I can relax now...About 11ish my iPhone starts dinging and flashing ...a tornado warning..I get up DH is like don't worry...finally I fall asleep.  

The evacuated friends staying at our house in CO for the month of June say the smoke is pretty bad...almost 30,000 acres burned.  But here in PA everything's just fine today.  DW

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple,

To all the people affected by the tornado,

https://img0.etsystatic.com/062/0/10610611/il_fullxfull.765386962_frym.jpg

Respected Contributor

There were tornado warnings yesterday afternoon for Armstrong Co PA, they didnt seem to be weakening. The clouds were crazy all afternoon around here,

Hopefully the damage is not severe and no injuries for those in Wilkes Barre

Respected Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

There were tornado warnings yesterday afternoon for Armstrong Co PA, they didnt seem to be weakening. The clouds were crazy all afternoon around here,

Hopefully the damage is not severe and no injuries for those in Wilkes Barre

Hi @nun ya  Yes, WPXI TV was broadcasting weather non stop for 2 hours.  We live in Westmoreland County which borders parts of Armstrong County.  Seems activity was in the northern parts of the county.  We had nothing here, thank goodness.  Got a little overcast, but sun came out again.  I still vividly remember a tornado we had in our area in 1980.  Quite destructive. 

Esteemed Contributor

Take care and be alert. Those cool and warm winds make for some bad weather.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau