Respected Contributor

Re: ••• EERIE True Story of "The Watcher" •••

Thanks Greenhouse.

Your article has even more of the weird notes from "The Watcher."

Scary. 😟

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

And the people can't sell the house because of its reputation. It will be interesting to see this character, if and when he is caught. All the articles I have read, call the Watcher "he". I find that interesting. Police aren't saying much? Maybe they have a suspect?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
That's interesting they call the person "he", good catch Greenhouse.
Sounds like they're keeping tight lipped about the investigation.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Agreed....I bet they have a suspect but not talking
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

On the face of it, I think the whole thing sounds made up, particularly if the watching has been going on since the 1920's.  I agree with the poster who said the whole town should have known about it.  

Maybe this is being done by someone like the lady last year who lost out on her dream house and then proceeded to make the winning buyers' lives a living h*ll.  

I am willing to allow that there may be a lot more to this story than meets the eye, especially if the police do have a suspect but are not publicizing it yet.  Perhaps they want said suspect not to realize he/she is under suspicion at this time so they can monitor him or her and develop their case.

It does sound a bit like an episode of Criminal Minds.  Better send in the FBI profilers.  Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it is a hoax as the previous owner did get letters as well. I don't know how long they had lived there. But, the current owner never moved in as they were afraid for their children. But, that is why the current owner is suing the previous owner, realtor and I think the mortgage company for non disclosure. The house is on the market and no one wants it so I don't think it is to cause a bidding war; they will sell way below the $1.3. Maybe it was known in the town of Westfield but the people were from out of town, I believe. I live close by and it is a lovely quiet area.
Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone here remember that house on Long Island - I think it was Amityville - people bought the house said it was haunted there was a book (I think) and a movie. Turned out to be a hoax. Maybe the new owners had buyers remorse? I don't know something just seems too weird with this story, or, maybe I just read too many Weird NJ mags!
Respected Contributor

I just saw this on tv today! Very scary! 

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it was Amityville, about three movies too...I think a haunting could be a hoax but I don't think this is. The previous owner received notes too. They can't sell the house so to release false information about the Watcher would devaluate the home. If they had buyers remorse, I don't think they would have called the police and the FBI is involved as threats came by mail. The current owners wouldn't make that information public but would just sell it if they had second thoughts. They were afraid for their children.