Respected Contributor

••• EERIE True Story of "The Watcher" •••

This is really creepy and it looks like the police haven't figured out who "The Watcher" is.
😱

::
::

http://gothamist.com/2015/06/24/nj_house_watcher.php

"A New Jersey family has vacated their new $1.3 million home after receiving a series of terrifying letters from someone dubbed "the Watcher," and is suing the previous owners for allegedly failing to disclose that the place was being surveilled by a psychopath.

The Broaddus family—which includes three young children—enjoyed only three unperturbed days after closing on their new Westfield home before receiving the first Watcher correspondence. The letter, excerpted in a chilling court filing, reads like a passage from Helter Skelter.

"[The house] has been the subject of my family for decades," the Watcher explains. "I have be [sic] put in charge of watching and waiting for its second coming. My grandfather watched in the 1920s and my father watched it in the 1960s. It is now my time."

Oh! Like, your time to guard it and make sure everyone inside is safe? OK, sure, that's a little "hands-on" for most people, but...nice idea?

No.

"Do you need to fill the house with the young blood I requested?" it continues. "Have you found all the secrets it holds. Will the young bloods play in the basement. Who has the bedrooms facing the street? I will know as soon as you move in."

He goes on to describe how the former owners, the Woods, passed the home off on the Broaddus family when the Watcher "asked them to."

“Have they found out what’s in the walls yet?” the Watcher asks. “I am pleased to know your names now, and the name of the young blood you have brought to me,”

So far, police have no solid leads on who could be behind the chilling missives."

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ••• EERIE True Story of "The Watcher" •••

How creepy! 😱

I'd love to see more info about this! With today's technology, I'm surprised they haven't caught anyone with surveillance equipment--that is, if they are indeed being watched.
Esteemed Contributor

Ok, nut case, psycho, cray-cray!

I wonder if it's someone who wanted the house and lost the bid? Now trying to get it back on the market cheap?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Image result for courage the cowardly dog Yikes!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like something right out of Weird NJ magazine. Maybe an urban myth? Gotta lone NJ and it's strange happenings - lol
Esteemed Contributor

I hope they do a Lifetime movie about it!
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:
I hope they do a Lifetime movie about it!

Wouldn't you know I don't have cable Smiley Sad

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
wildcat fan I'd like to know more as well.
Part of the eeriness of it all is that investigators can't figure out who's doing this.😱

betteb that's a good point about somebody devaluing the property.
I'm not sure I'd want it if somebody gave it to me.🙀

Cute pic birdmama!👍

Riley1 I think it's real since they filed the creepy threats with the court.
I've never heard of Weird NJ magazine, sounds like interesting reading!😀

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Yes this was on the NY news today, apparently the people who sold the house didn't disclose this to the buyers. Really creepy and bizarre. Wonder why they have not found out who is behind it

Honored Contributor

http://7online.com/news/town-gets-involved-after-family-says-they-are-being-stalked-at-new-home-/799...

wierdNJ Magazine is a New Jersey sort of Magazine  about odd Jersey stuff