Respected Contributor

Re: ••• EERIE True Story of "The Watcher" •••

I too wonder if it's as bad as they say why more people
didn't know and how could the previous owners even live with it.

I hope we get answers someday from the investigations.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Updates on this weird story.

The article is LONG and has pix of documents
and the house and people so you need to use the
link to read it:

"'The Watcher' house ex-residents say there's NO stalker but couple want triple price"

LINK HERE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3148988/New-twist-Watcher-mystery-No-copies-threatening-lett...

"EXCLUSIVE: New twist in 'The Watcher' mystery - no copies of threatening letters, no summons served, and former residents insist there was NO stalker, but family demand three times $1.35 purchase price

Derek and Miria Broaddus lodged legal papers claiming they had been sent threatening letters to the $1.35m New Jersey house they bought

In legal papers they claimed 'The Watcher' said he wanted 'young blood' and that house had been stalked since 1920s

They demanded the house price back - and 'treble damages' - because they cannot move in or sell it

Former residents tell Daily Mail Online they lived in house happily in 1960s when Broaddus suit claims The Watcher struck

Broaddus family have not served legal papers on couple they are suing, meaning case is stalled

And they are using a crisis PR firm that worked in aftermath of Gulf of Mexico oil spill to act as their spokesman

Published: 10:39 EST, 8 July 2015 | Updated: 16:10 EST, 8 July 2015"

Respected Contributor

i wondered if there were any updates. thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot about the story. I live nearby. It is interesting. The plaintiffs do not seem to be the type to be involved with a hoax but claims seem to be bogus.
Honored Contributor

I hope they are charged with something. They shouldn't be able to make these claims and try to sue and walk off  scott free

Valued Contributor

Hi all

I agree this is very creepy.  Here is my question-the watcher says his grandfather watched in the 20's, his father watched in the 60's and now it's my turn.  Can't they just look up who the property owners were?  Of did I miss something about that? 

cookin

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the "Watcher" if he or she exists, had to have lived there...just watching but may be a hoax as article stated
Respected Contributor

People magazine picked up the story:

http://www.people.com/article/westfield-watcher-previous-resident-never-received-letters-from-stalke...

"The Watcher House: Previous Resident Says Stalker Claims Are 'Outlandish'"

::
::

I'm thinking it might be a hoax now.