Valued Contributor

Re: EEEEEE! What a Naughty Boy! Mrs. Bezos Will Be Getting a Boodle

[ Edited ]

DH asked me today if he could date the soon to be ex Mrs. Bezos. "Sure you can honey, the line forms to the right, and, oh, good luck with that old man as every money grubbing gigilo from 20-90 will be vying for her affection!" He then asked me if I thought she was a good cook. I told him when she's about to be worth a cool $70 billion, she doesn't need to be a good cook. He pondered all of that and decided he'd just stay home. Sorry Mrs. Bezos, sadly for you he's not leaving me. LOL - we do amuse each other and laugh a lot. He's a keeper, for sure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wouldn't call a 49yo 'young'. He's only 54.

Agree. He's hardly going the 'trophy wife' route... I'd be more curious about the girl friend's motivation than his...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The soon-to-be-ex is 48 & the girlfriend is 49, so he's not going after a younger model.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have no idea what their life might have been like, and don't really care.

However, I agree that it's easier to move on with lots of $$.  If they've been separated for a while, the marriage has likely been "over" for a few years.

When I divorced at 31 from an alcoholic husband, I remember sorting through Rubbermaid containers trying to decide which ones to take with me.  

Doubt she will have those worries.

If I was her, I would take my settlement and quietly slip away to a philanthropic life.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes you just grow apart no matter how much money you have.....

Trusted Contributor

Of course, he has a tootsie.  Would there have been any other reason to  break up at this point?

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I am disappointed, though.  For some reason, I regarded this man very highly -- until now.  

Granted, we do not know what sort of life he and his wife experienced, but if this is a matter of his falling for a newer, more streamlined love, I have less respect for Jeff Bezos.

Personal matters always remain so; thus, what really happened will be an unknown to us.

@golding76 . I became disappointed and lost respect for him a few years ago when I read about how he treats his employees...both white collar (very cut throat!) and warehouse (like robots!) in inhumane conditions.

Respected Contributor

There has been NOTHING about Jeff Bezos that I have found admirable and this affair is the cherry on top of the sundae.

He has more than a passing resemblence to Mr. Magoo

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It will be interesting to see if he continues his current affair or trades her in for a younger model. It appears it is a very "lustful" or "carnal" (as someone put it) affair.  If the current Mr. and Mrs. B were as cozy and loving as the press released stated, they would never have separated.  Just a lot of PR for public consumption.  Wonder how the Mrs. B really feels after so many years, yes, the money does somewhat assuage the pain..... but still.

Honored Contributor

I give him kudos for being with an age appropriate woman.  She's 49, he's 54. Shocker.  You never see that with wealthy men, they usually go for women young enough to be their daughters or grandaughters.  Marriages end all the time and this no difference than any of them except these are the wealthiest people on Earth.  Everyone will be just fine.