Esteemed Contributor

Re: ED line by Ellen Degeneres

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

How do people here know that she doesn't design her line or have a big hand in it. She has been known as a very successful house flipper for years and one reason is because she sells her homes furnished and she is known for her eye for design. Does anyone have proof that she doesn't actually do her own designs?

Also I have never heard her say she disliked children. Just because she doesn't want one of her own doesn't mean she does not like them. She does a lot of stuff with children on her show and I don't believe for one minute if she didn't like them she would have them on her show as much as she does. 

@Irshgrl31201  Ellen hires her design crew from such outfits as Armani and J. Crew.

I believe she started out in a joint venture with C. Wonder.

I'm sure Ellen has the final say on what items her ED is labeled; that's just common sense.  It's her name, her reputation.

Nobody is saying Ellen doesn't design or have any input.  All designers do.

I get quite a few interior design and architecture magazines and she is in them often and interviewed often. She does a lot more than just final say (for houses) according to these articles. She is picking out the floors, plumbing fixtures, colors throughout the houses, cabinetry, types of countertops (colors and types) window dressings, furniture (fabrics and styles) she was choosing everything down to the pulls for the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC unkind comments about on air guest.

Honored Contributor

Yet another celebrity line I'd bypass.....

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Ellen is one of the most giving celebrities I know of.  She is like Oprah on steroids if you ever watched her shows.  She's always helping out the down trodden and goes full tilt when it comes to her audience members not only around Christmas but all year long.

The money and items Ellen gives away on her show are not from her personal bank account.  She always states which sponsor is providing the money or gifts.

What Ellen gives to charity is her personal business.

Esteemed Contributor

No might or think about it...she is one very, very wealthy woman!!!!  Woman LOL

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@game-on wrote:

@SeaMaiden....if I thought something might make me $$ I might hire someone to open a restaurant or bakery.... if I didnt like the food.... I think Ellen goes in many different directions... and I believe she might be a very wealthy woman...

@game-on   And I think you are ab$olutly Right about THAT!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56  That picture is hilarious and I laugh each time I see it.  Maybe when posters start trolling others or getting snarky in their replies, you can respond with that picture of the wild animal (don't know what it is) eating popcorn to lighten up the conversation.

I don't know what it is about that picture, but I laugh out loud whenever I see it. 

Related image

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

When I see any E.D. items, or any goods from celebs, I pass.   Putting your famous name on wares to sell (e.g. Martha Stewart) is only for monetary gain and not because 'one actually designed it."   Did Martha actually draw up the schematics on that power washer?

For me, 'creating it' via one's own sketches makes it desirable and of more value .... at least that's my take on it.   Now I am anxious to hear if Zeta-Jones went to design school when she presents her "stuff."

Honored Contributor

I must be different than most of the rest of you.

What I choose to purchase is based on whether I like it/it's pleasing to the eye, how unique it is, to fulfill a need,  if it would make a nice gift, if it's reasonably priced for what it is.

I rarely if ever make any choices based on who "designed" it, who "made" it or where it was manufactured - nor do I choose not to buy something simply because it's being sold by a "celebrity." I take each item at face value, it'snot some backage deal. Might I find a similar item at a similar price elsewhere? Quite possibly - but it would never occur to me to think oh I like that item that Celebrity X is "pushing" but I don't like Celebrity X (which is why the 'pushing') so I'm going to go internet browsing and find the same lovely item not made by Celebrity X, so there!

We can all see something (especially re home decor) 20 different places online if we look. We can find similar and we can find similar prices. But why waste your time doing that if you see something you like presented by a celebrity you don't like? Just not something I would have righteous indignation about enough to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Most of Ellen's merchandise is nothing that tells me "gotta have it!", with an exception here and there. Much of it just isn't my style or the way I would decorate. But that's got nothing to do with her, or the fact that she's a 'celebrity.'

Life without Mexican food is no life at all