Esteemed Contributor

Re: ED line by Ellen Degeneres

I like her but she should just stick to her comedy shows.

When she bought Halo dog food ,she absolutely ruined the brand and now you would never know she owns it   Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

she's quite the gad-about.  long way from dog food.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's the same with her promoting L'oreal make-up.

She's a vegan, but the company is not cruelty free.

big turn off for me.

Esteemed Contributor

How can someone not like babies and children?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

She's all about the money. Just one of the reasons I won't purchase any of her products.

I may be alone in this, but I do pay attention to what celebrities do and say when they are OFF the selling camera. It sure has saved me a LOT of money, let me tell ya.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

She's all about the money. Just one of the reasons I won't purchase any of her products.

I may be alone in this, but I do pay attention to what celebrities do and say when they are OFF the selling camera. It sure has saved me a LOT of money, let me tell ya.

Agree.........I won't purchase any of her products either, just like I won't purchase lots of things QVC offers because of the vendors.  That goes for a lot of celebrities, too.  My choice......

Esteemed Contributor

I've read many articles where she's described as "neurotic" and she's very mean to her staff. Doesn't she have enough money? Give someone else a chance to sell products on QVC. She also buys homes for multi-millions of $$$$, fixes them up - and sells them within a year or two and makes more millions. She's rich enough.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@game-on wrote:

My guess is it has to do with $$$.  Market research may have told her that there is money to be made selling products that are for children.  You dont have to like children to want to make $$ selling products designed for them.

@game-on  would you open a seafood restaurant if you did not like seafood? Or a bakery if you never ate desert? I just think it is odd.

I don't think it's odd at all. If your area needs a seafood restaurant and you want to open a business, that's what you do. You're in it to make MONEY, not eat the seafood. I don't think your argument makes any sense.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

I've read many articles where she's described as "neurotic" and she's very mean to her staff. Doesn't she have enough money? Give someone else a chance to sell products on QVC. She also buys homes for multi-millions of $$$$, fixes them up - and sells them within a year or two and makes more millions. She's rich enough.

So if you are successful and make wise business choices you are required to stop because you are TOO successful?

Hmmm. That's not the American entrepreneurial philosophy I learned about.

I haven't heard a word about her running her businesses into the ground or of cheating people or of lying about her accomplishments.  I'd say she is the embodiment of the American Dream

Honored Contributor

@shopper since 1989 wrote:

It's the same with her promoting L'oreal make-up.

She's a vegan, but the company is not cruelty free.

big turn off for me.

@shoppersince1989  I've only seen Ellen in Cover Girl commercials.  I think it was Portia who was linked at one time to L'Oreal.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh