Respected Contributor

Re: ED On Air With Ellen Degeneres

I do like Ellen but will not buy her products,same with VPH or anyone else who sells over priced stuff made in China...I buy local, my very small town has a lot of nice things made right here,candles.soaps,home decor etc...

Honored Contributor

I thought the show was funny for the most part.  I'm not sure how anyone can say her stuff is overpriced junk unless you've bought it, seen it in person and can attest to that fact.

I have a set of the light up letters in my house and they are very nice, are very nicely made and prior to purchasing them, I looked for them elsewhere and was unable to find any I liked or any that were cheaper, period.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are constant complaints about same old same old on QVC.  Now there is something new and there are complaints that Ms. Degeneres' things are junk, she makes too much money, and doesn't show up to sell the things.

Unless you bought something, how do you know if it is junk?

This is USA, we can earn however much money we can as long as it is legal.

She showed up for her show with Carolyn and some people are still not happy.

I have never seen her non--QVC program, have never seen her perform, don't agree with her lifestyle, but I don't believe she is doing anything wrong by selling this merchandise.

No one is forced to buy it.

I have bought several things and have been pleased with each purchase.  

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Zoe2015 I only caught the last 20 minutes which were hilarious!  Who was Tanya?  They kept referring to her and i got a quick glimpse of her at the end when they were all three sitting on the sofa.  She looked familiar.  Was she on HGTV as a designer years ago?

------------------------------

Taniya is Ellen's rep.  She is the one who usually presents the merchandise with the hosts.  Taniya had her own show on HGTV some years ago.  She is a very pleasant woman.

Respected Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I saw parts of the show. I just don't understand the point of her line? Seems like she will stick her name on anything?? Selling containers of nuts?

AND----she doesn't even like nuts.........

She chews them up and spits them out ! ( I am a naughty, naughty girl.)