Super Contributor

Re: ED On Air With Ellen Degeneres

[ Edited ]

I thought she was funny--even hilarious at times.  I may not  agree with her lifestyle, but as a person, she's clever and a hoot.  Woman LOL

And quite generous!  $100 gift cards given to every audience member.  Awesome!

"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Valued Contributor

Not a fan.  Hand on remote - flip!!

Honored Contributor

Honestly?  She is never on air?  And she has no rep either?  Isn't that a first for the Q?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@Zoe2015 I only caught the last 20 minutes which were hilarious!  Who was Tanya?  They kept referring to her and i got a quick glimpse of her at the end when they were all three sitting on the sofa.  She looked familiar.  Was she on HGTV as a designer years ago?

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Zoe2015 I only caught the last 20 minutes which were hilarious!  Who was Tanya?  They kept referring to her and i got a quick glimpse of her at the end when they were all three sitting on the sofa.  She looked familiar.  Was she on HGTV as a designer years ago?

Tanya is Ellen's rep, and yes, she was on HGTV as a designer at one time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:

Doesn't Ellen have enough money and enough going on in her life without selling dollar store junk on QVC?  She must be one of  those people who always wants to make a buck. Never just happy smelling the flowers.   

Ellen is a nice person....but I tire of someone who has to make a joke  every other word that comes out of her mouth. Be nice if she would just sell the junk and stop with the jokes.

ITA

That's my BIGGEST issue with Ellen.  She does seem like a good person, and I actually do like her. That being said, I'm so over her jokes!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I thought she was LOL funny......for the first minutes.

When she spit the chewed nuts into the bowl of UNchewed nuts, I was done.

Super Contributor

I know!! That was gross!!! Yuck!
"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen Ellen on QVC since last year.  That being said, I found her to appear extremely uncomfortable in  the "sales" arena and her jokes fell flat.  

I do like Ellen, although when I catch her show, I can't help but think it has become stale--same old, same old.  

Trusted Contributor

I saw parts of the show. I just don't understand the point of her line? Seems like she will stick her name on anything?? Selling containers of nuts?