Esteemed Contributor

I purchased these from HSN a while ago when they were the TS.  I threw out the directions and now I am not sure when you add more mineral balls.  Do they dissolve or just become weaker?  Not sure what to do.

Can anyone help me?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: ECO LAUNDRY BALL QUESTION

[ Edited ]

There should be two different kinds of pellets inside the balls. The white (mineral) ones need to be topped off about every 72 washes because they do dissolve and get smaller in size as they should. The darker colored ceramic pellets are to be kept inside the ball and never need replacing however, technically these ceramic pellets should be placed in direct sunlight (one hour or more) monthly to recharge their ionic capacity for optimal performance. @tends2dogs

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, wow, thanks @SilleeMee.  I have enjoyed using these and not having to lug home laundry detergent!  Yes, there are two types of pellets, one for darks/colored and one for white.  I think mine are due for a sunbath! Smiley Wink

TA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I had no idea you should give the silver pellets a sunbath.

When I changed my cleaning pellets, I threw out all the old ones and added a new pack of cleansing pellets.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

When I changed my cleaning pellets, I threw out all the old ones and added a new pack of cleansing pellets.

Did your balls have all one kind of pellets or were there two different kinds in them? Some of these washing balls don't have the ceramic pellets in them and some do. The ceramic pellets (do not toss out)  do not dissolve and need to be recharged in sunlight. @muttmom

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

Did your balls have all one kind of pellets or were there two different kinds in them? Some of these washing balls don't have the ceramic pellets in them and some do. The ceramic pellets (do not toss out)  do not dissolve and need to be recharged in sunlight. @muttmom

@SilleeMee

Thanks.  I saved the ceramic pellets.

I'm still not so sure how clean our clothes are getting.

Respected Contributor

I got these as well.  Love them.  I also ordered a tablet from the company (via Amazon) to clean my front loader.  These work great and were very inexpensive compared to the products found at the grocery store.

Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I got these as well.  Love them.  I also ordered a tablet from the company (via Amazon) to clean my front loader.  These work great and were very inexpensive compared to the products found at the grocery store.

Do you think they clean your cloths well?

Respected Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Do you think they clean your cloths well?

Yes.  I've had very good luck with them.  I don't think they do as well with whites because you don't use warm water, so I do those with Persil.  They remove even the ranch dirt my DH comes home with.  I do have softer water and I assume that makes a difference.