Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I want to tell you about something that happened to warn others but I want you to know that I in no way blame you.

Several months ago you announced that Dillard's was having a shoe sale so I went online to look. Went to the Dillard's website and search through shoes.  Found one pair kind of cute and decided to order.  When I went searching using a link I'd gotten confirming the order, I discovered a company in China.  You can tell by the grammar and spelling that something is wrong.  Phone # had too many digits.  I have no idea how I ended up there by using the Dillard website.

Anyway I inquired about my overdue order and they assured me it had been shipped.  I'm guessing that was 6 to 8 weeks ago.  I forgot all about it and today I get this pair of shoes in a plastic bag.  This is the cheapest plastic pair of shoes I've ever seen.  They smell toxic.  If they were $5. in a flea market, I'd complain.  I've never had anything like this in my house before.  I don't know whether to put them in the donation bag or the garbage can.  Will probably opt for the garbage.

I'm a long-time Dillard customer, at one time had VIP status but not so much now that I don't buy career clothing.  I had a ton of Kasper suits.  That's what mystifies me about the website.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know and also beware.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 , not sure if I totally understand what happened with your order but I ordered a pair of sandals online from Dillards a few weeks ago and I got the correct order promptly and I love them.  I will be careful with future orders though.

Contributor

Sorry about your experience, but I don't believe it was Dillards. Somehow, someway you got on the wrong path. Did you happen to pay shipping? Better shopping days ahead...

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Dillards is my favorite!  Wow the Kasper suits takes me back to the days when I had to dress up for work every day.  Casual Friday we got to wear slacks!  Sometimes I miss dressing up like that, but in Hawaii I'd be miserably hot! Anyhooo...thanks for the memories!

P.S.   It's a bummer to hear about your shoe experience.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Amulet    I honestly don't remember what I paid.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I had an experience at Coldwater Creek.  

I fell in love with a pair of Gentle Souls booties.  They were black leather embossed all over with gold, bronze and silver flowers.  I became aware of them late in the game and couldn't find my size anywhere.  Except for Coldwater Creek, who were, as usual, overepricing them at $200.

Then came a sale, and I got them on sale for $100.  Then confirmation they had shipped.  Then nothing for a week.  They had never shipped, CC had run out of my size, and that was that.  I was left with my feelings because Coldwater didn't care.

Time passed and CC had my size back.  I thought, OK, they will surely give me these shoes at the old sale price.  They would not.  They said accessories are mainly from third parties who set the price and not CC.

It was all very annoying.  I bought the booties and rarely think of this annoying story when I wear them because I like them so much.

ETA:  However, I could be naked in the street and I would not buy from Coldwater Creek again.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Oh my dear friend, I am SO terribly sorry.   I certainly would let their on line CS know. 

Do you know the brand?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry that happened to you @Kachina624.  I could relate to your post.  I also love Kasper brand and fell for one of her sale announcements except mine was an alert about a sale at the Hanes website.  I had been looking at a Hanes hoodie at Walmart, but the website had one that looked like it in the pictures and less expensive.  I ordered but when it arrived I couldn't believe it was from the same company as the one I had seen at Walmart.  No wonder it was such a great price!  The fabric is incredibly thin and the sizing is smaller than advertised.  Like you, I'd feel I overpaid if I paid $5 for it, but I actually paid more than that.  Lesson learned and taking future sale alert posts with a grain of salt.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe someone has been hacking into legitimate websites......

♥Surface of the Sun♥