Honored Contributor

Re: E-Mail From My Bank Re Mail Delays

I'm highly amused at the number of people who view bank-by-mail with suspicion.  I've done it exclusively since 1995, without error or delay and have saved a mint in postage.  Its funny some people resist.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

In my case it's the old saying "Can't teach a old dog new tricks," or "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"!  

His dad died at age 102 his big excitement was Friday trip to bank to get his weekly balance😉 

Guess "old habits die hard" spouse won't even get a cell phone.

This is fine with me never gonna change him after all these years😉

Esteemed Contributor

When receiving emails from companies --- it could be coming from scammers. Best to call the bank (or company) at their phone number - to be sure they sent the email. I wouldn't trust anyone calling on the phone or sending an email.

Esteemed Contributor

BofA is very good at providing information relevant to paper statements, paying bills via USPS, and with receiving paper tax information at the end of the month. I've had messages from them when I log into my online banking account.

I understand that there are folks who will never switch to online banking and bill pay, and more is the pity for that. I've paid 99% of my bills online for almost 20 years, so I think that's a pretty good track record! All bills have been paid on time via online banking bill pay....within a day or two. I receive a confirmation number and do not rely on USPS to deliver a check that I put in the mail box.

Honored Contributor

Here is my latest email from Wells Fargo ...oh my you'd think they'd hire scammers that could spell!!! LOL...

Then again, they did REMIND me to have my debit or charge card WITHIN REACH before I click on link -- because i will be "mandated" to verify information -- LOL

Check out the info line who it came from ... 

But, I'm sure many fall for it!!! 

IMG_9239.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some people prefer to get the info by mail. @homedecor1  I couldn't stop laughing. Your DH waited that long to get a statement at the Bank?

I have a friend who is 54 years old and refuses to use Zelle to transfer money to his Mom monthly. He prefers to pay Money Gram to transfer the money so that means she has to go and collect it.

Valued Contributor

I read this post earlier, then this evening, guess what?  I got the B of A E-mail!  Thing is; I don't bank at B of A!  It was clearly a scamm, wanting me to click here to get on-line banking started!  Careful Ladies.....online banking is safe, but you don't get it through e-mail.  You go to the bank with ID and set it up.  Don't believe everything you read, even here.  

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 

This may duplicate (my Ipad is wonky) anyway talk about Zelle don't get me started!!!  This will really give you a laugh😳😳

Every year for Christmas we send checks but kids never cashed them until I called to "remind them"--that was only after spouse was having meltdown & couldn't balance his account ...

This year to eliminate the groans I did transfers BOA uses Zelle.  Omg it was like the "spanish inquisition" when he did his account today🙄

He asks me "whose Zelle?", "does somebody else have my bank info", "why would BOA use that"...Dear God I prayed please let me hold my patience"....

Finally, after the "inquisition" he said "why did you use this account?" I said I give all year your turn!!!

He still tonight is concerned someone has his bank info -- he's gonna check tomorrow after his dr appt -- back to the bank (doesn't trust calling and giving info over phone)...

I say "knock yourself out you ####!" (well that's the nice version)...

He makes me crazy ...especially with dumb things like this yet if he gets a email he "won" a CVS gift card click the link he gets excited ...hmmmm 

Honored Contributor

Banks just want everyone to go "digital"........so they can SAVE POSTAGE EXPENSES........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@shaggygirl.  I use BofA and didn't get an email.

@Kachina624    I just got the BofA email about an hour ago.   Remember, we are 47 & 48 on the "list"..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥