Honored Contributor

Re: E-Mail From My Bank Re Mail Delays

@Desertdi.  I got my msg this evening.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

When receiving emails from companies --- it could be coming from scammers. Best to call the bank (or company) at their phone number - to be sure they sent the email. I wouldn't trust anyone calling on the phone or sending an email.

@kivah.  I don't think scammers waste their time sending emails telling people the mail is screwed up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is one reason I like getting my checking acct statements in the mail. Tax time is coming. When I give all my "stuff" to my tax person I include copies of certain checks I have written. I give him the bill w/the copy of the check attached showing I've paid it. For example, property tax payments/car tax payments & sewer use taxes to the town I live in. All co-payment checks to medical doctors. All checks that are donations to charities. Various other things I give him as well. He always compliments me on how organized everything I  give him is. Maybe when I leave he laughs, who knows. He does of course give me everything back along with copies of all the tax paper stuff he does and has filed electronically.

My paper statements include copies of the checks I've written so I can just go through them and scissor off the ones I want. If I were to go to my account on line I'd have to copy one check at a time. 

When I buy an expensive appliance I also snip off copies of those checks and staple them to the appliance bill before filing.

Now all you who are far more tech savvy than me might have a better plan or better way but that's how I like to do it. Have for years and will continue because I feel comfortable doing it that way.

Bills for which I don't care about having a copy of my check due to the mail slowdown such as my gasoline cc I call and pay over the phone and a few I have gone on line and done a one at a time payment. So I'm not totally living in the dark ages. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

And I just received a repeat of the email from BoA.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 wrote:

BofA is very good at providing information relevant to paper statements, paying bills via USPS, and with receiving paper tax information at the end of the month. I've had messages from them when I log into my online banking account.

I understand that there are folks who will never switch to online banking and bill pay, and more is the pity for that. I've paid 99% of my bills online for almost 20 years, so I think that's a pretty good track record! All bills have been paid on time via online banking bill pay....within a day or two. I receive a confirmation number and do not rely on USPS to deliver a check that I put in the mail box.

@jannabelle1 "more is the pity for that"?  

I receive all of bills and bank statements by mail and pay them by check, through the mail.  I feel more comfortable doing that. More is the pity for that?  Strange statement.  What difference does it make?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I have BoA and did not get an email or text, but I have been totally electric for several years.  

A couple of months I did do the drive through ATM and they looked closed up to me.  Are the actually staffed and open?

Regular Contributor

This is not about banking statements but yesterday my DH brought in the mail - we received two Christmas cards from friends in Nashville, TN postmarked DECEMBER11th and one from another couple in NH postmarked December 16h. Paperwork mailed from 5 miles away arrived yesterday after duplicate mailed in November. 

And probably most importantly, I received my stimulus check about 10 days ago - DH has not received his yet............ I feel this is all due to election ballots and Covid as this holiday card delay has never ever happened before and we have lived here in PA since 1999

And we have a great carrier locally - who knows - nothing may ever be the same.

home since March 2020

Honored Contributor

My bank statement came yesterday which is its normal time frame for delivery.  But last month it was about three weeks late.  No notice or any such explanation from bank.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I use online banking and accounts for most things. 

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I wouldn't send $1 let alone a check in the mail. I want direct access to my bills and same or next day advising they received my payment. I have proof of payment made and proof of receipt.  Can set up a separate email address for bills if you prefer to keep separate from general email. Even pay through your bank if you don't want to use billers app.  Fast, easy, free and safe.

@mspatmac 

Yep I prefer banking online too..In addition to the reasons you mentioned, here's another--I dont know about other areas but there's also a rash of thieves breaking into community mail boxes and stealing mail and some use the info for identity theft purposes....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”