Trusted Contributor

Re: E-COLI IN ROMAINE LETTUCE AGAIN

@shoesnbags wrote:

I had just eaten my daily salad for lunch about 30 min. before this headline popped up on my screen. Woman Frustrated

I don't eat a salad on a daily basis but just had eaten one that included Romaine when I saw this thread...didn't see the other threads, so grateful for this one.  Hope I don't get sick.  

Honored Contributor

UNBELIEVABLE.  This happens too often.  What is going on?   Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

Just heard an alert on the news at 1pm PT that any romain lettuce you have should be thrown out, they do not know the source so none should be eaten anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.

---

Darn it! I love romaine lettuce. I don't care much for other types of lettuce. I have had to reduce my salads to tomato, cucumber, and carrots.

Honored Contributor

We were at a Texas Roadhouse today and there were no salads available because of the recall.  Kind of threw me for a loop coming up with another side dish choice 😊

Honored Contributor

You know, this is getting to be a pain in the butt. Maybe they should just stop selling Romaine. Period. Until the industry is able be effectively regulated, if that's even possible, let's just go without. This is just becoming ridiculous.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Well, I ate a salad for lunch before I saw this.

If I disappear please speak kindly of me if you speak of me at all.

Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

Sorry for posting it.

@Tyak  Thank you for your post!  Some people have a short fuse and are rude.

Regular Contributor

Don't be sorry for posting it. This is the first time I saw anything about romaine posted.

Not everyone sits around the computer all day long.

Valued Contributor

BTW, why does E-Coli seem to be limited to Romaine? Why not Iceberg, Bib, Spinach, etc.? I don't get it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tyak

I also thank you for posting!  

My life is so wound up with preparing for Thanksgiving and on Dec 8th my husband's four sisters, their husbands and some grown children and grandchildren are coming to our house for a pre Christmas celebration.

Anyway, I haven't been paying attention to anything else and had no idea about the romaine snd e-coli.   I had a sandwich with romaine today for lunch, so if I get sick I'll know what to blame.

Thanks again!