Respected Contributor

E-COLI IN ROMAINE LETTUCE AGAIN

Just heard an alert on the news at 1pm PT that any romain lettuce you have should be thrown out, they do not know the source so none should be eaten anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.

Honored Contributor

Re: E-COLI IN ROMAINE LETTUCE AGAIN

I believe this is the 4th post on this.  Maybe folks can do a search before starting a new post.  Or maybe the mods can somehow consolidate.

Respected Contributor

Sorry for posting it.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak  Don't be sorry.  Not everyone visits each specific sub-forum within the community.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Tyak for posting this. I don't read many of the other forums, so I would probably have missed this most important message.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tyak, I for one am glad you posted the alert in Community Chat or I likely would not have seen it.

Also, the timing could not have been better as I just returned from the grocery store and my intent was to fix a romaine salad for supper.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

The important thing is that the information gets to us. Where or how many times is irrelevant.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I didn't mean to offend anyone.  This issue is so important that I wish there was a way for the mods to keep this on top of some of the forums somehow.  It's really scary.  I can only imagine how many have stocked up on Romaine lettuce for Thanksgiving.  The romaine lettuce at Trader Joe's on Monday looked so fresh and enticing.  Luckily, I opted for iceberg.

Esteemed Contributor

I just saw this.  They want anyone who has romaine to discard it and sanitize the area where the romaine was.  No restaurants should be serving romaine at this time.

I have been eating spinach because of the March problems but we really need to step it up in the area of prevention.

Esteemed Contributor

I had just eaten my daily salad for lunch about 30 min. before this headline popped up on my screen. Woman Frustrated

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett