Regular Contributor

Has anyone had previous models of this type cordless.  Any input would be appreciated. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson V10 Absolute? TSV

[ Edited ]

I bought the Dyson V8 Absolute about a year ago when Amazon had Prime Day. I bought it from Wal-Mart though so I could return it easier if I did not like it. I paid about $360 free shipping. Dyson has it on their site for $350. I love it. I use the floppy head on the wood floors & use the other head for the tile, throw rugs etc. The only thing I don't like is the on/off switch does not stay on with the press of a button. You have to hold in the switch the whole time you are vacuuming. I did not care for that at first but have got used to it. I guess it keeps you from running down the battery.

I see Dyson now has a V11.

They have 2 models of the V10 neither of which states Pro so that must be a set they made just for Q. One is on sale on Dyson site for $400 the other is $600. I don't know if the model Q is selling today is the motorhead version or the other one?

Depending on the size of your house you may need to recharge your battery more than once to vacuum all of it.

I have not had any problems with it running out before I get finished. I do the wood floors one day & the rest the next day.

Honored Contributor
Yes I have one that picks up great but the battery dies without warning...it just stops when it loses its charge,..,the cordless part is great....but I only get 20 minutes from a full charge...it is quite a workout since you have to really keep moving to clean before it loses its charge!
Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson V10 Absolute? TSV

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
Yes I have one that picks up great but the battery dies without warning...it just stops when it loses its charge,..,the cordless part is great....but I only get 20 minutes from a full charge...it is quite a workout since you have to really keep moving to clean before it loses its charge!

@lovesrecess 

I think the Rep was a bit misleading on the run time...a consumer reporter said 37 on hardwoods....in ideal conditions no power attachments on higher power modes 30-40 minutes, but on dirty carpets it conked out it in 8 minutes. and 3.5 hrs to recharge....I have 2 cats that shed like crazy...it takes time to do furniture plus carpted rooms and kitchen hardwood....and dust bin isn't that big on this Dyson either.....I'll stick with my corded Shark.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I purchased this model and I'm glad I waited for the V-10! It has a lareger bin, run time and charges quickly. I am a Dyson lover and also own 2 German Shelpherd dogs, This style of vacuum has had me curious for years but I needed something with some power and not clog.I've had some other cordless models over the years and they all clog. Thta's why I waited for the Dyson.

I was a previous Kirby vacuum owner and that machine lasted 25 years and counting. It just got too heavy for me to push. Once I purchased the Dyson that sucked up that dog hair from my Royal Palace rugs I was sold.

This cordless model is easy and light to use.The different attachments are easy to attach and take off. I went to the BBB near me to test the weiht of the different cordless vacuums and I wa surprised at how heavyand awkward some of them felt in my hand. We have a saying in our house--"the right tool for the job". Is this my "serious" vacuum--no because I have RP rugs and dogs. Is this my go to "quick fix" vacuum --yes and so much more.

I have multiple floor surfaces from ceramic, marble, hardwood, carpet, and engineered wood. This does polish the smooth surface floors. It will handle the RP area rugs.

I was very pleased with it.  

Contributor

I purchased the other V10 when it was a TSV about seven months ago.  Had to send it back to Dyson for repair.  They said I picked up powder and you are not suippose to.  It was working ok until last week.  The motor burned out and just dropped it off to UPS for rplacement.  I haven't had much luck so far.  Update when the new one arrives.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
I still use my big Oreck upstairs in my carpeted areas. I prefer the Dyson on my tile and hardwood....and for my rugs downstairs. It would really help if they put a battery indicator light on the handle so you would know how much longer you had before the battery goes out. I really like the attachments; easy to change. It does a good job on the cat hair...surprise me how much it picks up when I don’t even see it on the floor!
Honored Contributor
You picked up powder? That damages the vacuum?