Honored Contributor

During these dark days we have to remember

This is not forever even thought it might feel like that right now and Americans are resilient, we recovered from 9-11 and in my area Hurricane Sandy

I am not being Pollyanna, and I have to keep reminding myself of this 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Re: During these dark days we have to remember

Good advice -- and don't forget the Saars outbreak, and H121 flu of a few years ago. I have survived lung cancer for four years and am grateful for every day, no matter how onerous. I also remember the horrible polio scare of the 50s. I was a kid and my mother was frantic. We couldn't go anywhere, no crowds, no activities, no movies or swimming. Luckily it was summer and we were out of school. This scourge attacked mainly children, with swift and dire consequences. I know people in my age bracket who are wearing leg braces and crutches because of the disease. And let's not forget FDR who was crippled by the same virus but went on to a productive and inspiring life.

This, too, will pass.

God Bless!

Esteemed Contributor

Very good advice.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@zitawins May I ask what  you are doing/taking for the Lung cancer?  Keytruda? Something else?  Forgive me if it is too personal.  Don't answer if that is the case.  I wish you good health.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting this!! This is so true as my DH use to say "nothing good lasts forever & nothing bad lasts forever".

Honored Contributor

My dad always used to say, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".  I think that is very American.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

My dad always used to say, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".  I think that is very American.

@jubilant 

Me! "This too shall pass".  My mother.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Yes we will!  I have great faith in our country.

The little city right next to mine was devastated by an EF4 tornado about 6 years ago.  I do a lot of shopping in that little city and they came back even stronger. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox   Thank you!

I've been limiting my news coverage and I think that is starting to work for me.

Then I clicked on a Newsweek article on MSN home page about some positive results shown for combining the malaria drug with azithromyicin (not sure I spelled that right). Still too early to say for sure, but it was nice to read. 

I realized I was actually feeling some optimism. I don't remember the last day I had that feeling! 

I should never let hope get squashed, and it was almost flat in my house. NOT ANY MORE. I'm going to choose hope, and optimism....and if I have to walk around singing Christmas carols outloud to keep myself there I will do it. 

Cat Very Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunSprite wrote:

@I am still oxox   Thank you!

I've been limiting my news coverage and I think that is starting to work for me.

Then I clicked on a Newsweek article on MSN home page about some positive results shown for combining the malaria drug with azithromyicin (not sure I spelled that right). Still too early to say for sure, but it was nice to read. 

I realized I was actually feeling some optimism. I don't remember the last day I had that feeling! 

I should never let hope get squashed, and it was almost flat in my house. NOT ANY MORE. I'm going to choose hope, and optimism....and if I have to walk around singing Christmas carols outloud to keep myself there I will do it. 

Cat Very Happy

@SunSprite   Yes!  I saw that today and the name brand of the drug is called Planquenil.  It's also used for autoimmune illness as well as Lyme.  My DH has been taking it for several years.  I told him he better stock up on it in case there is a run on Planquenil.

Gave me a bit of optimism too!