Honored Contributor

Re: During most of the day, what footwear are you wearing?

My Nike shoes. Oops! With custom made orthotics.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

When I go out and about in our mild winter, I wear my Markon lamb leather boots (great shaft length unlike what Clarks offers over and over again with their short shaft boots) in midnight navy which is very versatile with all colors but not only that, it is balanced and makes it super comfortable. I do place a padded insole inside. This particular boot was made in Brazil and I bought a few pair from Qvc a number of years ago and stored them in my closet. They are truly the most comfortable boot ever and don't feel like I need to remove them when I'm home. The rest of the time I wear a sandal or flipflop.

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2014 ~foundinlv~ said:

When I go out and about in our mild winter, I wear my Markon lamb leather boots (great shaft length unlike what Clarks offers over and over again with their short shaft boots) in midnight navy which is very versatile with all colors but not only that, it is balanced and makes it super comfortable. I do place a padded insole inside. This particular boot was made in Brazil and I bought a few pair from Qvc a number of years ago and stored them in my closet. They are truly the most comfortable boot ever and don't feel like I need to remove them when I'm home. The rest of the time I wear a sandal or flipflop.

Isn't it funny....I have a brown pair of Markons in suede and they've been sitting in my closet for years. There was no arch support in them for me.

Honored Contributor

Fall, winter and spring (until it gets warm), Ariat clogs (full clogs) and Ariat shoes and Ariat boots. Then Birkis and Papillios during the summer.

Respected Contributor

On 2/18/2014 kaybee said:
On 2/18/2014 ~foundinlv~ said:

Isn't it funny....I have a brown pair of Markons in suede and they've been sitting in my closet for years. There was no arch support in them for me.

Kaybee.....please try placing an insert in them. They may turn out to be the best shoes for you.

Respected Contributor

I just bought my first pair of Alegrias last week. You know, Zappos, order one day and they arrive the next. Awesome service. since I had never worn them before, I ordered a size 39 and a 40. Kept the 40. I like them a lot, but I am having a hard time getting used to the higher sole and arch. Love the styles shown here, and am waiting for the Spring styles to come in.

mm

edit my feet are wide, so they work well for me.

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Super Contributor

Because of a side-of-heel issue, I have worn Clark's clogs for years. That problem has finally cleared up but now I have a problem with the other heel just around the bottom outer edge. Anyway, I decided to take a chance and ordered the Orthaheel house slipper TSV several weeks ago, and I wear them ALL the time in the house. I still wear clogs outside in fall and winter and Corkies flip flops in the summer. Now, I am in serious need for cute shoes for my daughter's upcoming showers and wedding festivities. I am having a heck of a time. I knew I wouldn't be able to wear heels, but I've tried some on just to make sure. Oh my gosh, there is no way....NO WAY I could ever wear heels. This is sad as I used to be a shoe person, but that ship has definitely sailedSmiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

Until I retired at the end of May, I worked in a clinical environment, so wore Ryka athletic shoes (a particular model they no longer make). I did this because I have a dropped met head in my left foot which is quite painful and needed that soft inner sole.

A member of a different thread recently recommended a shoe to me that she said was like walking on marshmallows, because I had said that that was what I really needed for my darn left foot. So...I purchased a pair of Skechers GOwalk shoes in black from their website and absolutely LOVE these shoes. I would imagine that anyone who can wear a casual shoe to work and spend lots of time on their feet would enjoy wearing these shoes.

Because I need a wide width, I'm limited in colors. However, if you're a medium, there are a pile of colors awaiting you.

Just ordered my second pair, Chocolate, in 2 weeks. Am spending every day in these shoes now thanks to Lobstergal.

Respected Contributor

On 2/18/2014 demitra said: Because of a side-of-heel issue, I have worn Clark's clogs for years. That problem has finally cleared up but now I have a problem with the other heel just around the bottom outer edge. Anyway, I decided to take a chance and ordered the Orthaheel house slipper TSV several weeks ago, and I wear them ALL the time in the house. I still wear clogs outside in fall and winter and Corkies flip flops in the summer. Now, I am in serious need for cute shoes for my daughter's upcoming showers and wedding festivities. I am having a heck of a time. I knew I wouldn't be able to wear heels, but I've tried some on just to make sure. Oh my gosh, there is no way....NO WAY I could ever wear heels. This is sad as I used to be a shoe person, but that ship has definitely sailedSmiley Sad

Is your problem heel pain, Plantar fasciitis? If it is, I found a special boot for this that is worn at night while sleeping. Took my pain away.

Respected Contributor

demitra......about a year ago my gyn's physician assistant told me (after tests were run) that I needed to take 1000 units of Vit D3. I didn't get on the bandwagon until winter started due to the fact that any enclosed shoe or boot always seemed to hurt my feet. I've been on the Vit D3 now for 6 months and have seen many changes in my body and one is, no more foot pain. I also take Vit K2 capsules in the form of Natto which is a food. Vit K2 is recommended whenever one takes Vit D3 supplements as well as calcium supplements (which I don't take because I get it from food). A little off topic but had to share this.

edited:typo