Super Contributor

I've always used Duracell batteries as far back as I can remember; but over the last couple of years they keep leaking.. It's so frustrating.. Being allergic to fragrances; I love my flameless candles.. I have lots of VPH illuminated spheres & decor... Now with these batteries leaking, these products are not usable.. One time I called the company & they told me that the ones with the silver band between the copper top & the bottom part would prevent them from leaking .. Well, they still leak.. Urrrr.!!! ... Has anyone had similar experience  with Duracell.????... . I'm thinking where I can report this company.. Of course; like most products of late; companies are using inferior materials.. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: Duracell batteries leaking

What a bummer!   I bet they are made in China.

Super Contributor

Yes, like everything else.. Made in China .. Just frustrating.. 

Valued Contributor

How do you know they're leaking? Have you had them in damp places or outside? or in the sun?

Honored Contributor

I use Energizer exclusively.  I guarantee you that Energizer won't leak.  Seriously, I found batteries that expired years ago and not a drop of acid out of them.

Sorry for your bad duracell experience.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Never in damp places or in the sun.. I use them in my home.. I keep them in their own size containers that I purchased from The Container Store.. I find that they leaked when I go to change the batteries.. First it was the C size,  now today it's the Triple AAA's that leaked.  I always put in fresh new  batteries.. This size was to expire 2023.. I'm really, really mad.

Super Contributor

Thank you BIRDMAMA .. That's what I'm going to do.. But, I still want to report Duracell to some agency, so they can look into this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@classic

Like yourself, I use mostly Duracell batteries. I have: AAA/AA/9 volt/C and D cell and have never had any of them ever leak. I even have very a unit that recharges them, and those too have not leaked.

I use D-cell for outdoor/waterproof LED motion detector lights, no problem with them. Really don't know what to tell you other than this. If the ones that leak are coming from the same battery powered "whatever", that is what I would suspect might be the problem.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Most of the items that leaked have been VPH & Lightscape flameless candles.. 

Super Contributor

I have found that Duracell batteries are the WORST as far as leaking goes. I went so far as to complain to the company, and what did they do? Tell me that I had to check the use by date on the package, which by the way had not expired, and leaked in an unopened package Then they sent me a coupon for a free package of batteries. I will not purchase Duracell any longer. If you are lucky, you can  use vinegar on a Q-Tip to remove the crystalized material where the battery had leaked in the battery compartment. I also never mix my brand of batteries.