Honored Contributor

Re: Duke of Sussex Going to Visit Grandma Elizabeth

Probably wants to pay off his mortgage think he owes 9 million after they paid 5 down.

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering why it is a "slap in the face" to the Queen and the "Royals" if they spend Christmas in the USA.  Considering Meghan's mom is here so would her face be slapped if they spend Christmas with the Queen??

I also find it amusing that the "royals", with all their uber dollars get a pass but a CEO here is deemed a greedy monster working his/her employees to the death and paying minimal taxes.

The "royals" are becoming outdated; decisions have been made and those decisions have no influence on any of us.

And yes, all comments are relative.  When the door is opened about Harry or Meghan or any of them-all bets are off. 

Y'all know this.

Threads a fluid and unfortunately when it comes to H&M, the fluidity usually contains muck and contamination.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

I hope he'll be quarantined and tested before he meets with any family member, being down in the land of Los Angeles

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft. Your second sentence negates your first. There is no reason to think anyone is "more invested" in British royalty due to the reason you have already acknowledged.
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:
Spoiler

ETA: sorry about that spoiler box--I must have clicked it (using my phone) and I can't figure out how to remove it 😂

Harper's Bazaar has a "Sussex source" who points out Meghan will likely return to the UK by the end of the year to testify in the Mail on Sunday case which is scheduled to begin January 11.  (Going early in order to quarantine for 2 weeks before trial)

If Harry really is going back for tax purposes, I wouldn't be surprised if we learn the Queen was too busy to see him during his visit. She doesn't need that drama in her life. Let Charles and her staff deal with him. 

There is a lot of talk about "Grandma" the Queen.  But I seriously doubt the woman has forgotten Uncle David, Sister Margaret, and DIL Diana and what those little episodes did to the Crown.  And no, Andy is a totally separate deal/problem/issue to me.

And I think if she has had enough Grandma, Grandpa and a number of others would cut you out of he herd if need be.  You don't get to be where people at the top are without being able to do a job and make a LOT of hard decisions.

I wouldn't guess at what that would take, but I do believe the line in the sand is there, and it is well known by all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few thoughts, take them or leave them... 

As to why H&M might have considered spending the holidays with his family this year instead of with her family, er, her mother... First, they opted out last year in favor of Christmas in the US... Moreover, the queen is 94, Prince Phillip is 99, Doria Ragland is 64. Do the math.

As for the upcoming visit, perhaps there will be some sort of confrontation, which would be justified. On the other hand, one might believe the queen has probably, more or less, washed her hands of trying to rein those two in. One could suspect she might have come to believe that Harry will see the error of his ways in time or he won't. She has other fish to fry and other family to support and who will support her.

And, speaking of family, I suspect the queen is not exactly pining away to see her great grand child, Archie. While it goes without saying that distance can be a challenge, the queen has any number of children and grand children whose parents understand and respect the importance of family ties. While it's entirely possible she'd like to see him from time to time, she isn't lacking for great grandchildren and with more on the way.

Harry has made his choice or has allowed Markle to make it for the two of them and her majesty's point of view might well just be a simple 'so be it'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Sooner Interesting post that I agree with. The Queen will protect the monarchy first and foremost, whatever that takes. I agree about the line in
the sand. She will only be pushed so far. I also agree with Stevieb that she knows Harry is going to darn well do what he (or Meghan) want to. They've already shown that.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CLHS68 wrote:

People over there dislike these has beens. It seems only here people are all interested in them. 

Good point, though I'm unconvinced most of us, outside of certain circles, find them all that fascinating or laudable either... I think they're going to be in for a big surprise when they realize Americans, in general, aren't all that impressed over the long haul by a more or less dethroned second tier prince and a former 'B' (at best...) level TV actress, both with thin resumes and no real track record of accomplishment to make them as important as they seem to think they are...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb. And I think at some point Netflix will regret its hefty investment in them.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@stevieb. And I think at some point Netflix will regret its hefty investment in them.

@Pearlee  I can see that happening... Even if certain of the glitterati, some of whom also seem to be losing interest, try to bail them out when their lack of production experience shows, that was a huge investment to make in an untested 'product'...