Honored Contributor

Re: Duke of Sussex Going to Visit Grandma Elizabeth

@Pearlee wrote:
I don't see how the Clooneys are relevant at all on this thread.

Harry just bought a new home; I doubt he intends to go back to England to live, at least not yet.

@Pearlee Harry often wakes up in a new world I think with new whims and ideas floating around.  And the Clooneys seem relevant in light of who their support team is and who they are sharing fame and fortune with.

It's all about lifestyle with them isn't it?  Appearances, opportunities, pub and so forth?  We want the pub but we want to say what is said and isn't said. . . 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie  thanks for the clarification.  183 days over 3 years?  Color me surprised.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Such a nice young man.  Very thoughtful and admirable. 

Oh my yes, treasures... positive treasures... both of them...  Woman Very Happy

Eyeroll gif for your reaction needs - Album on Imgur

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I doubt she'll pull his title, although I wouldn't blame her if she did.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw on the news this morning that the UK is trying to get more American tourists to visit. They are rethinking their quarantine requirements and may relax them.  Having to quarantine for 14 days after arriving has put a damper on tourism. I read Meghan and Harry would not be spending Christmas in the UK...a real slap in the face, I think, to the Queen and the rest of the royal family. Perhaps they want to stay in California where they are still considered a " big deal". Am guessing they would not have nearly the welcome now if they were to go back at this point. I know the Queen has to be very disappointed  that she has hardly seen Archie at all since he was born. Given the resources they have, they could easily fly across the pond any time they like for a visit to let Archie see his family. 

Honored Contributor

I am sure the Queen will have a polite and loving welcome for Harry. He is her grandson, for heaven’s sake...but as a grandmother, I know she is disappointed in the choices Harry continues to make.
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
Me gain made political comments about the US the brief time she was in the UK. No one is going to silence that woman. The only way those two will truly be “free” is if they give up their titles, Harry becomes a US citizen, and they pay all taxes due. Then they can say and do whatever they want and not be under any royal rules. That is how I see it. Maybe I am wrong. It just seems they did not think this move all the way through.

@Puppy Lips 

Sorry, but I don't think anyone should "silence" anyone.  And titles, or no titles, so what?    The royals are becoming more irrelevant every year.

I happen to know two couples who have married Brits and they both need to spend vacation time in Europe every year, for tax reasons.  Seems like a rather common practice.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:
Me gain made political comments about the US the brief time she was in the UK. The only way those two will truly be “free” is if they give up their titles, Harry becomes a US citizen, and they pay all taxes due. Then they can say and do whatever they want and not be under any royal rules. That is how I see it. Maybe I am wrong. It just seems they did not think this move all the way through.

@Puppy Lips 

Sorry, but I don't think anyone should "silence" anyone.  And titles, or no titles, so what?    The royals are becoming more irrelevant every year.

I happen to know two couples who have married Brits and they both need to spend vacation time in Europe every year, for tax reasons.  Seems like a rather common practice.  

"No one is going to silence that woman." ~ Puppy Lips

Lol, no kidding Tink. That is so last century, lol. Welcome to 2020. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

on a more lighthearted note.....meghans hallmark movie WHEN SPARKS FLY (2014) is showing on the hallmark drama channel this evening. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Forget the Clooneys - they just had a "date"night out with friends  Katharine McFee and David Foster. 

When was the last time YOU got to have a night out with friends? We haven't since early March. I guess the pandemic isn't anything to worry about in Hollywood.  Smiley Wink