Valued Contributor

Re: Duke of Sussex Going to Visit Grandma Elizabeth

@Tinkrbl44 Riots and sports fans right

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

One last comment:  the general tenor of this thread was so predictable.

(I am surprised though that anyone who works for the Queen would be divulging plans being made to anyone outside the Royal household - even family.  A sure way to lose a job, if that were known.)

@Venezia Yes, because the worshipers of the couple cannot stand for anyone to express an opinion about them that is notworshipful.

And my motto has always been you know people by what they do not about what they say.  Of course we don't know everyone on the planet personally, but often actions speak louder than words.  

And let me add that a lot of people on this planet buck up and do what they need to do, or should do, or have to do because it is the right thing to do, not because it is what they WANT to do. 

Lots of people sacrifice for family, family business, or because they need to help keep a business running and people employed, or they have an obligation.   

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Venezia Yes, because the worshipers of the couple cannot stand for anyone to express an opinion about them that is notworshipful.

Just like the haters of this couple cannot stand for anyone to express an opinion about them that is not hateful.

Really, all one has to do is LOOK at a thread about H&M to see who it is that posts the most.  And how those who don't hate them are "put in their place".

Esteemed Contributor

Harry and Meghan's supporters are no different than those who "worship " William and Kate, if one chooses to use that word.  I continually look for some crime which has been committed by the berated and scorned young couple, but I find none.

Honored Contributor

I don't worship H&M.  I don't hate them either.

I've posted this dozens of times; I enjoy seeing the children and I enjoy the weddings for the fashions.

That is the extent of my "worship".

Just because I don't refer to Meghan as "me gain" or other assorted junior high taunts does not mean I worship her.

The "royals" are no more deserving to spend Christmas with H&M than any other family.  Meghan has a mom, too.

Why on earth is there the need to knock down another person you do not know, who you base your "opinion" on gossip rags, who has absolutely no influence on your life and how well or not well it carries on.

Some of you may not use the word "hate" outright but your posts are very clear- you despise this woman because she's a way to tsk tsk and impose your own misery on another person.

Your opinions say more about you than Meghan could ever live up to.

Yet some of you breathlessly fawn over "actors" and their uber millions, some who have contributed nothing more and nothing less.

We are not in junior high picking and choosing who can sit at the popular table in the lunch room; we are supposed to be grown-ups who can discuss the royals without interjecting nonsense taunts and unfounded "facts".

We have even seen the predictions that they will divorce; some even hoping it will happen.  It's true.

What kind of person wishes that on somebody???

So yeah, go ahead and lecture me about your "right to your opinion" because in MY opinion?  There is more class going on at their end than going on in many of these posts.

Flame away.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

IT JUST NEVER ENDS

Esteemed Contributor

I don't go by gossip rags. I go by facts. They flew private many times while lecturing us to not leave a carbon footprint. I go by how she had no family at her wedding other than her mom but lectures us on kindness. I go by how they want privacy yet never miss an opportunity to be in front of a camera, etc. I could go on and on. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I find them to be extremely hypocritical.  My opinion, my right. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 Do you not read the posts? How many times have I written --as I have on this thread above-- that my opinion of this couple is not based on gossip rags? Read my post earlier on this thread, I'm really tired of repeating it and tired of posters saying other posters have based their opinions on gossip rags.