Valued Contributor

Duh- I JUST CAN"T THINK TONITE!! HELP!

[ Edited ]

If you're told to take or use meds or do something 3 times a week- For the life of me I can't get this through my head!!!-----is this how it works out? Basically just skipping 2 days in between?

Example----- I start on  (Mon.--Thurs--Sunday)

Then                             ( Wed.--- Sat---Tues)

Then                              (Fri----Mon----Thurs) 

and continue skipping two days in-between?

And what about 2 times a week?  That's even more confusing~~

TIA!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Duh- I JUST CAN"T THINK TONITE!! HELP!

[ Edited ]

I would probably just do Mon - Wed - Fri every week and leave it at that. To spread it out a little more evenly maybe Mon & Wed morning and Fri evening. Your plan is better though if the goal is to keep a certain level of the med in your body. In that case though I'd have to mark my calendar or something. I'm supposed to be taking one pill every day for my BP, half the time as the day goes on I'm asking myself "did I take that pill this morning?"

Trusted Contributor

Ask your doctor. Not understanding how to take your meds is a serious problem they might be able to help you with.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sippI would think that your doctor means 48 hrs apart not 72 hrs apart and so you take it Mon, Wed, Fri and then you'd have one extra day before you took it again on Mon. I feel this way because I believe that a doctor would not tell you to take a med and then wait 72 hrs to take it again....too long of an interval.  Of course ask your doctor and most of all don't feel stupid.  You have a valid question.

Trusted Contributor

@puttypiesmomwrote:

@sippI would think that your doctor means 48 hrs apart not 72 hrs apart and so you take it Mon, Wed, Fri and then you'd have one extra day before you took it again on Mon. I feel this way because I believe that a doctor would not tell you to take a med and then wait 72 hrs to take it again....too long of an interval.  Of course ask your doctor and most of all don't feel stupid.  You have a valid question.

I think she should ask her doctor.  

Trusted Contributor

@stuyvesantwrote:

@puttypiesmomwrote:

@stuyvesantYes, I said that too.  

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@stuyvesantwrote:

@puttypiesmomwrote:

@stuyvesantwrote:

@puttypiesmomwrote:

@stuyvesantYes, I said that too.  

No you didn't.  In a situation like this, you say ask your doctor.  

@stuyvesantI posted my opinion just like Shaggygirl did too.  She should of course speak to her doctor which if you re-read my post you'll see I did say that. 

Trusted Contributor

@sippwrote:

If you're told to take or use meds or do something 3 times a week- For the life of me I can't get this through my head!!!-----is this how it works out? Basically just skipping 2 days in between?

Example----- I start on  (Mon.--Thurs--Sunday)

Then                             ( Wed.--- Sat---Tues)

Then                              (Fri----Mon----Thurs) 

and continue skipping two days in-between?

And what about 2 times a week?  That's even more confusing~~

TIA!!!!!

@sipphope you let us know what your doctor said.  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sipp, make a quick call to the dispensing pharmacy, they can explain exactly how your Dr wrote the Rx.

But the example in your post is incorrect.

For 3 times per week I do a two week cycle:

Mon-Wed-Fri/ /Mon-Wed-Sat//- repeat 

For two times per week just pick 2 days, Sunday & Wednesday for example.

You're fine as long as you're never less than 3 days from your last pill, but never more than 4.