Honored Contributor

Re: Duh- I JUST CAN"T THINK TONITE!! HELP!

I think it’s a valid point whether the med should be taken morning or night. That leaves more or less times between doses, right?  I keep a plastic Med strip (M, T, W, etc.) in a prominent spot....easy to check if you took your pill (s). You also need to know what to do if you forget a pill? Wait until next time? Take it any way even if close to next dose? All meds work differently. 

Honored Contributor

I'd call my pharmacy.  They're trained to know exactly what the doctor wrote on the prescription.

And, I'd probably call my doctor, too. 

Just to make sure that it was written right in the first place.'

Just a quick question without telling who you called first.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Call your doctor's office or your pharmacist,it does seem confusing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marpwrote:

@shaggygirlwrote:

@ Montanawrote:

@shaggygirlwrote:

... I'm supposed to be taking one pill every day for my BP, half the time as the day goes on I'm asking myself "did I take that pill this morning?"

@shaggygirl, maybe this might help: put your pill for the day in a special container - something small like a NyQuil cup or anything you like. A bright color would be good. Then if you forget, you can just check the container. You can easily tell if you have taken half. 

Hey good idea. Took one earlier this morning and have the perfect little container to put tomorrow's in as soon as I post this......so I don't forget.

@shaggygirl, the suggestion is a good one but I urge you to set a schedule and develop a routine for placing your medication.  If you forget later in the day and you already have the next day's dose set out you could easily over-dose by thinking you forgot to take today's pill.  Routine is critical to avoid errors and filling the container at the end of the day would be a good time.

There are pill containers marked with the day of the week.  That might be a better solution to your remembering to take your pill but forgetting that you did.  Who hasn't been there.

The blood pressure pill I take is a diuretic and I'm already a P-ing machine so that would not be a good thing.

Honored Contributor

@sippwrote:

If you're told to take or use meds or do something 3 times a week- For the life of me I can't get this through my head!!!-----is this how it works out? Basically just skipping 2 days in between?

Example----- I start on  (Mon.--Thurs--Sunday)

Then                             ( Wed.--- Sat---Tues)

Then                              (Fri----Mon----Thurs) 

and continue skipping two days in-between?

And what about 2 times a week?  That's even more confusing~~

TIA!!!!!

@sipp

I always do Mon/Wed/Fri and take the weekends off.

Never had to do it, but if I did, the two times a week would be Mon/Thurs.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why people make things so confusing.

I was given Levothyroxine after my thyroid was burned out with an iodine pill.  The doctor told me to take 75 mcg 3x a week and 50 mcg 4x a week.

So, I just decided to take the 75 on Mon-Wed-Fri and the 50 on Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun.

It's really not that big a deal as long as you are getting that weekly dose in your system.  

So far, it's been more than 20 years and I'm still here and have never had a problem with either the dose or the days I chose to take them.

Esteemed Contributor

If a medicine has to be taken 3x a week, wouldn't it be safe to just take it on Mon-Wed-Fri????  Sounds like a no brainer to me.....

For 2x a week, how about Monday and Thursday?  

Honored Contributor

I would call the pharmacist for clarification.

I also use a pill app to remind me, especially for when I'm traveling.  I also use my yahoo calendar or Alexa to remind me when I'm home.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I agreeevery 48 hours. BUT... Id' also call my Doctor and ask them to tell me precicely what is wanted.  Make him think about how he is writing out his directions.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the CHUCKLE!!! You wouldn't think things would be so crazy but even my dh was wondering how to work it out --- so I posted! 

ANd thanks to ALL-- (I see someone else piggybacked on my post- so she got good advice too!