Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess of Sussex Will Attend U.S. Open

@Sooner wrote:

Some of you must be too young or too old to remember the firestorms around Fegie, Andrew, and even Diana.  This is nothing compared to what was said and printed about all of them.  AND Charles.  AND Camilla.  And Wallis Simpson.  And David.  Yada yada. 

It's not just about Meghan.  It's nothing new.   Same old same old.  People either hate or worship her.  Old hat all around. 

and not just around here......you can go anywhere on the web and find these types of discussions......from forums to gossip magazines to legitimate news outlets. i know that some of us have relatives in the UK and some of them cannot stand the royal family period, some of them love everything about the royal family.....and then there are some in between. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

And there goes the thread..................sigh

At this point we know that every single thread involving Meghan will devolve in this way.

It's 2019, baby Archie does have a father who is supposed to be involved in taking care of him. As for breastfeeding it's really nobody's business. Couldn't be possible that Meghan is actually friends with Serena-nah.

Nothing as harsh as the way some women judge other women. 

I do not understand the vitriol directed to this woman.

@mom2four0418  And I am equally puzzled by the rabid defense of her.

As are others @esmerelda ... Just as some are accused of going out of their way to dislike her, it would seem others routinely go out of their way to adore her... To me, she's done nothing worthy of adoration... Personally, I don't despise or detest the woman, I simply don't care for her, but it appears that alone makes one guilty of nefarious motives... Whatever...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Posters here are down right kind here compared to TMZ or People magazine FB pages. Meghan is a lightning rod  for Saint or Sinner post. I find her average. I also find Kate average. Fun to see their lives play out in a very privileged, very restricted kind of way. But I have yet to see where either woman has changed the world for the better in a significant way. Now the Queen is interesting and really has made an impact with very few gaffes in a long history.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Sooner. I am old enough to remember much of what you stated and agree completely. To insinuate it's anything more is trying to erase people's valid opinions about someone by making up excuses that hold no meri and giving people preferential treatment who in fact are being treated equally by those coming to negative conclusions based on a person's behavior or actions. Some posters in defense of Meghan aren't giving enough credit to those who form opinions based on her behavior and use low blows via innuendo to defend her.

And the argument that we have more important things to worry about in this country is ridiculous. I can worry about and express my opinion about multiple issues for goodness sake. Don't give me a priority list about what I should or shouldn't be concerned about.

Bravo @Pearlee... As if adults can consider only one matter at a time... Also as though there can only be one possible motivation for failing to genuflect at the metion of this woman... It's cheap and easy to level veiled accusations as to motive... Personally, I don't care for her because I find her to be a bit of a poseur... Meanwhile, Harry seems to have a savior complex... Both of them appear to talk the talk but walking the walk is a bit different... 

Honored Contributor

As for her travels, even if Balmoral didn't fit in the busy schedule, perhaps after the recent luxury junket to France courtesy of Sir Elton, the weekend trip to Flushing Meadows and the upcoming sortie to the Dark Continent, her wanderlust will be temporarily sated... 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

My goodness...why such animosity toward Meghan?

I hope she has a lovely time at the Open.

I will look for her in Serena's box during the match.

@Mersha    As soon as someone types in Duchess of Sussex the usual crowd comes out of the woodwork spewing their venom about a woman that they have never met. It does make one wonder why the animosity towards Meghan. What could it possibly be?

@50Mickey 

It is amazing, isn't it???

I mean there are so many things in our country that we could be outraged about and yet, for some unknown reason, she seems to upset so many.

Hmmmm, trying to think what it could possibly be.

@Mersha @carrie ann Keep on with the innuendo. That kind of thing got a similar thread shut down before. Is that your goal…to shut this down?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Some of you must be too young or too old to remember the firestorms around Fegie, Andrew, and even Diana.  This is nothing compared to what was said and printed about all of them.  AND Charles.  AND Camilla.  And Wallis Simpson.  And David.  Yada yada. 

It's not just about Meghan.  It's nothing new.   Same old same old.  People either hate or worship her.  Old hat all around. 

@Sooner @sunshine45 

You have caused me to reconsider my thought process. I honestly believe that it was just straight up racism, being the reason why so many people have such vitriol towards her. 

However, your post in conjunction with @sunshine45 post about how members of the royal family have been treated in the past. I do remember the Diana, Charles and Camila triangle. I have read and watch documentaries on the David and Wallace Simpson Fiasco, and it really it is jut people on different ends of the spectrum  that for whatever reason want to  support an opinion that we may already have about the members of the house of Windsor. 

Honored Contributor

Late Saturday morning and the anti-Meghan posts continue, how refreshing!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

The vicious British tabloid press aside, I do not know for the life of me why people can't leave this young couple alone. 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Late Saturday morning and the anti-Meghan posts continue, how refreshing!

@JaneMarple  It's like a sport for some. Interesting that not one single post surprised me either from the nay-sayers. The same stuff they said in the last thread and it goes on and on and on....