Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess of Sussex Will Attend U.S. Open

@bathina wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  I'm sure it's much more involved than planting a few trees. I also agree that we need to do more. At least those who are conservation minded and have the funds are making an effort to offset their footprint. I fly half a dozen times a year and have not once figured out my carbon expenditure and endeavored to offset it. We all do what we can. And by "we" I mean the folks who view climate change as a critical issue.

@bathina 

I think the operative word here is "critical".

But I suppose that's all I should say about that.

Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

My goodness...why such animosity toward Meghan?

You must be new here😁 I'll be watching Serena's match anyway, so I look forward to seeing Meghan. And what she's wearing.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:
Good for her! I hope she has a spectacular time with her friends. At least she and Harry are able to offset their carbon. I fly all the time and dont make the in kind contribution. Glad they are continuing their mission bringing attention to climate change and other topics near to their heart.

@bathina 

I think some people will pick on Harry and Meghan for just about anything, and even though I think this latest is pretty small potatoes, how do they "offset their carbon"?

It's not like you can take it back after it's been put out there.  Not that I am aware of anyway.  

You're right, you can't take it back, but there are organizations that will plant the number of trees required to offset the amount of carbon expended. You can make a donation to one of the carbon "scrubbing" organizations in the amount necessary to "offset" your carbon footprint. 

Well, that's interesting, but that would essentially amount to keeping the status quo.

Just not good enough at this point.

Anyway, I think each of us should look at ways we can lessen carbon emissions and not point fingers at those who aren't perfect.

@QueenDanceALot  Oh,  I think we can do both.  

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I am putting this entire topic under my “who cares what Meghan does?” file. I do think her baby needs her more than Serena...but that’s just me.
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I am putting this entire topic under my “who cares what Meghan does?” file. I do think her baby needs her more than Serena...but that’s just me.

The child's father isn't capable of caring for him?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418  Harry nursing? Seems Meg is bored with both the Queen and Archie, who is too young to travel to Scotland but not too young to travel to Africa. 

Who can blame her for wanting to get in on Serena's publicity, she's known for making the most of her opportunities.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for Archie, one feels sure there's a nanny of some sort involved... Pretty sure neither parent is left completely on their own to ensure he's properly cared for...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

And there goes the thread..................sigh

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

who cares??? why do people care about every move H&M make? Geeesh!