Esteemed Contributor

Re: Duchess of Sussex Will Attend U.S. Open

Who needs the soaps when you have the Royal family? Always something going on . Good or bad. In my 30’s I would have loved that life. In my 50’s I thank my lucky stars   

I didn’t have that life.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

somebody will gripe if she smiles, doesn't smile, has on sunglasses,

what she wears, what she eats, who she talks to.

gees, about like Jackie Kennedy . I'd rather go to Walmart and McDonald's and eat my fish sandwich in peace.

Respected Contributor

My goodness...why such animosity toward Meghan?

I hope she has a lovely time at the Open.

I will look for her in Serena's box during the match.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:
Good for her! I hope she has a spectacular time with her friends. At least she and Harry are able to offset their carbon. I fly all the time and dont make the in kind contribution. Glad they are continuing their mission bringing attention to climate change and other topics near to their heart.

@bathina 

I think some people will pick on Harry and Meghan for just about anything, and even though I think this latest is pretty small potatoes, how do they "offset their carbon"?

It's not like you can take it back after it's been put out there.  Not that I am aware of anyway.  

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:
Good for her! I hope she has a spectacular time with her friends. At least she and Harry are able to offset their carbon. I fly all the time and dont make the in kind contribution. Glad they are continuing their mission bringing attention to climate change and other topics near to their heart.

@bathina 

I think some people will pick on Harry and Meghan for just about anything, and even though I think this latest is pretty small potatoes, how do they "offset their carbon"?

It's not like you can take it back after it's been put out there.  Not that I am aware of anyway.  

You're right, you can't take it back, but there are organizations that will plant the number of trees required to offset the amount of carbon expended. You can make a donation to one of the carbon "scrubbing" organizations in the amount necessary to "offset" your carbon footprint. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Lovely for them both, I'm sure... After all, what's a little hop, skip and jump across the pond to watch a friend play tennis... again...  One wonders, will she be flying business class or is a private conveyance involved... again...

Smiley Very Happy

First class with her personal security guards.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina 

You're right, you can't take it back, but there are organizations that will plant the number of trees required to offset the amount of carbon expended. You can make a donation to one of the carbon "scrubbing" organizations in the amount necessary to "offset" your carbon footprint. 

Well, that's interesting, but that would essentially amount to keeping the status quo.

Just not good enough at this point.

Anyway, I think each of us should look at ways we can lessen carbon emissions and not point fingers at those who aren't perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pqfan wrote:
Will Harry be there?😍

@Pqfan ....Harry will be having a wonderful time at home with his precious baby son, Archie...Daddy & Archie have plans of their own while Mommy is away!  Woman Very Happy Heart

Before Mommy Leaves... 

Alfonso Herrera Rbd GIF - AlfonsoHerrera Rbd PlayTime GIFs

After Mommy Leaves...

Nice Father And Son Bonding GIF - Nice FatherAndSonBonding DragRacing GIFs          

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

Will Harry be there?😍

@Pqfan   LOL!   Well you should know.  Hasn't he texted lately?   

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  I'm sure it's much more involved than planting a few trees. I also agree that we need to do more. At least those who are conservation minded and have the funds are making an effort to offset their footprint. I fly half a dozen times a year and have not once figured out my carbon expenditure and endeavored to offset it. We all do what we can. And by "we" I mean the folks who view climate change as a critical issue.